Second Day of Halloween//Sam x Reader

Song of Choice: Beekeeper- Keaton Henson

Imagine: #MerMoose is rEaL

The swirling waters attack the sides of your boat, malice in each dying wave. You could care less; the only waves that could bring Sarge down were the waves of a morning storm where the skies were as orange as fire and the air as tranquil as the forests around it. There was no real danger here. So, with a smile on your face, you pulled a rope, unfurling another white flag. It rippled in the motion of moving air, striding as the boat moved against the current of the aqua waves.

"We're almost there, Sarge." You murmured, patting the wheel lovingly once you made your way back behind it. Your voice could barely be heard over the crashing of the waves, but you didn't mind. There was only you and Sarge out there; everyone else had already docked for the night. Once the stars began to shine and the moon was at full glow, the waters cleared of frightened and sleepy sailors. But you? Never would you let the blackness of night frighten you away.

However, as Sarge ceased to move, the white flags going limp, you began to fear. Not the dark, but of what accompanied it. You glanced around, squinting, like you were backstage behind a maroon curtain, waiting for your cue. There was nothing you could see. With stumbling steps, your hands out like you were trying to pin the tail on a donkey, you made your way around the deck, searching for a lantern. Once your fingers grasped around the handle, you tore the screen open and lit the candle inside with your lucky lighter that never left your form.

A ghostly glow gloomed around it, enough light to help you see the area in front of you. With that, you made your way around the rest of the deck, lighting every single lantern you had. Sarge's lights had gone out, along with his engine. If not for him, you would have been sailing blind. However, when he stopped, the lights flickered and turned off completely. Something was wrong.

Sarge never failed you. This was the first time lanterns ever had to be lit. This was the first time that you truly feared what was going to happen.

You glanced up at the sky, expecting no stars to be present, expecting a different place than you had sailed to. But, alas, the skies were bright and the waves were the same color as before. Nothing was different besides the bitter air on your tongue and the now soothing sound of a siren's song.

Swiftly, you set down your lantern and covered your ears. In the stories your parents would always tell, a siren's song was deadly to any ears that came in contact with it. Back then, you did not believe in those myths. Sirens weren't real. However, the second those high-pitched, melodic tunes graced your ears, you knew.

This was a place of no difference to where you were, other than the lingering scent of death.

"Show yourselves and you will not be harmed!" You called out through the blistering winds, throat burning from the extent of use. "You will not be harmed."

"But will you?" Through the thickets of whirling sound, you did not expect to hear an answer, much less a whisper. In seconds, you had your hands gripped on the side of your boat, waist up leaning over, trying to get a glimpse into the dark, swirling waters. And, through it all, you saw two eyes. Two hazel eyes in the water, open, fleeting, blinking, before they were gone once again.

"If you wish to harm me, then you must be in pure dread." The wind stopped, only now ticking softly against your hair, ruffling the edges of your cheeks with cold. It was as if the being of those eyes could rule over nature themself.

"If you wish to speak to me, then you must be wrong in the head." Hazel eyes popped out of the water, making way for a head of caramel hair and tan skin covered with miscellaneous scars. Even without the light of the lantern beside you, there was no mistaking the tail that he was hiding underneath, swaying and keeping him above.