3 First Encounter

Be Dave Strider==>

You and John escaped from the house with everything you could carry in backpacks/shoulder bags.
He is still kinda freaked out, and you don't know how he's going to handle seeing a real zombie.

Right now, you and him are walking down the empty, soundless road.
He's holding tightly onto your arm.
You don't mind.

"D-Dave.." He stutters, "It's so quiet now... You don't think-"
"Hey.. I already told you things are going to be okay.." You try to comfort him.
He nods and sighs.

It is really quiet.
Now that most of everything is gone..You wish you had paid attention to more things instead of being obsessed with Apple Juice and Irony when you were thirteen.

Those were the good days though..
Just kickin' back and twisting open a bottle of AJ as you made some sick beats.
You remember Bro giving you a thumbs up when you made something good.
You also remember those damn smuppets he smothers you with.
You shudder at the thought of the felt rubbing up against you. Ew.

You get so lost in thought of the past, you don't notice John tugging at your sleeve.

"Huh, what?" You look at him.

"Look!" He points ahead, and you see a girl laying on the floor. She almost looks like....

Oh no...

You both run over and see that it's Jade. She's passed out and her forehead is bleeding.

"Jade!" John kneels down, shaking her.
"Oh god, what is she even doing here?!? I thought she'd be safe on her island?!"

"I have no clue.." You pick her up,, placing her in your lap, and feeling her pulse.
"Damn.. Something bad happened to her.. But I think she'll be okay.. John, give me the first aid in your bag."

John nods and gets it out quickly, handing it to you.
You take out some disinfectant and dab it on the cut to her forehead.
You see her slightly wince in her slumber.

Okay, she can still feel stuff.. You wonder what happened to her? How'd she get over here?

You put a bandage over the cut and actually pick her up. She lays limp in your arms.
"Come on.." You start walking again. "We have to get Sollux and her outa here.."

John follows you, scared for his sister.
You're scared for her too, but you can't show it.
You have to stay strong so John doesn't break down again. You never thought that he'd be like this..

Whenever you two watched zombie movies, he would always say, "Wow, that move was so stupid! I bet I could survive better!"
Who knew the apocalypse would actually happen.. It's bizarre..

John's looking down now, staring at his feet as you and him walk down the empty road.
"What do you think dad and Bro are doing right now?"

"Hmm.. Probably being bad asses. Lucky assholes have pizza now though.." You try to lighten the mood.

He laughs, "Yeah I bet.. My dads probably complaining about not baking. He lives for baking."

"Yeah I know, you tell me all the time dude. It's so weird.. Your dad is obsessed with baking.. My Bro is obsessed with puppets and porn. It's hella scarier than zombies when you mix the two together." You try not to have an image of a smuppet in your head. Ew.

You both quickly shut up when you hear snarling coming from a house.
You hold Jade's body closer to you, and look to John.
He's hiding behind you now, great..