5 Catch

Be Jake==>

"I don't mean to waste time.." You began to say, "But I really think we should stop somewhere and rest a while. We've been walking for ages!"

"It's only been two days, tough luck English.." Karkat said with a drag in his voice.
Since the sun came up every day since you've all grouped together , you have been up bright and early to walk for miles. You don't stop until it's dangerously dark. Karkats orders.

"Karkat, he's right. I know you want to go to find the others as soon as possible, but look around.." Kanaya stopped walking, putting her hand on the trolls shoulder. "Everyone is tired and wants to sleep for more hours than we have. Since we all take turns on watch, we only get less hours of sleep now.. We need to stop now before it gets any darker."

"I don't want to." He shoved her hand off. He turned to look at her. His eyes had gained many bags under and dark circles. He had claimed every night to take the most time for watch.

"Well we are going to whether you like it or not!" Roxy shouted at him, fed up with his foolishness. Roxy was probably the most annoyed with him, since he had taken away a bottle of alcohol she found in a store.
Jane had thanked Karkat for not letting her, but you felt bad.

A zombie apocalypse? Of course you're going to want to get drunk and forget all of your fucking problems. It was Roxy's way of coping. You know it would have been a risk if she began drinking again, but it's for the best..

You just wish maybe you and her could sit somewhere alone and catch up maybe.. Find a drink somewhere without the others knowing and let her have the one thing that led to a small piece of what used to be the normal world.

Just a small drink couldn't hurt anyone.

"FINE!" Karkats voice cut through. He groaned and looked around the surroundings. "There.." He pointed to a little pet store. "We can stay there for the night.. Hopefully there's no fucking animals to disturb us when we sleep.." He began walking towards it.

You and everyone else followed.

Fortunately, all the animals seemed to be let out.. Animal lovers perhaps letting them be free and not trapped to only be starved to death? Most likely..

There were only marine life left, but most were dead.
Karkat seemed to get captured by a little crab in a box.  It looked up at Karkat and pinched its claws.

You walk up beside him, looking at the crab. "Do you like crabs, mate?"

"I guess you could say that.." He mumbled, putting his hand against the glass. He moved it side to side, watching the crab follow his finger. "Cancer.. Crabs... Crabdad back on my old planet.. Yeah.. Crabs are cool.."

"They're quite fascinating creatures.." You try to make conversation with him as everyone else begins to get ready to sleep. "Did you know there's a really small crab called a Pea Crab? They're adorable if I do say so myself!"

Karkat laughed, "Yeah.. I've seen some before.. One pinched my pinky."
He looked to the side, seeing food for the crab. He dropped some in the little tank, watching the crustacean eat.

"Well that's what they do. Pinch pinchy pinch." You laugh a little. You have no clue why you're making conversation with him in the first place.
Maybe it's because he's the only other male around?