Familiar Faces

Hello Again! Hope you enjoy this chapter, there's actually gonna be some drama! So, enjoy!

~Bella~

*************

Alessa's P.O.V

Taking in a large breath of air, we walked down the dimly lit hallway to meet my father. Old paintings hung from walls, while large  crystal chandaliers hung effortlessly above our heads. The only sound that was auidable, was the small sound of shoes clicking against the hard wooden floor. The silence only made me more nervous.

Up ahead, my mothers frame had finally stopped at a large door, I knew exactly where this door led to. My fathers office.

Once we were all at the door my mother timidly knocked twice before a low grumble from the other side motioned for us to enter.

My mothers fraile hands turned the golden doorknob before swinging open the heavy door. That led us into the room where my father was seated in his large maroon leather chair while he ideally typed at his desk, not even acknowledgeing the fact we were here.

Exhaling, I stepped futher into the room, standing in front of the two men. Upon observing my fathers office, nothing hand changed.

His large desk still stood in the centre of the open room space. Tall gran bookshelves lined the walls, stacked to the bring with old knowledge from the past. A large painting of my family still hung on one of the walls, the small face of the 8 year old me smiling widely at the painter.

My mother scrurried in after us, closing the door briefly. She walked around my fathers desk, who still hant noticed us. Leaning down, her black greying hair masked her face as she whispered something incoherent in his ear causing him to somewhat stiffen and finally look up.

"Alessa?" his gruff thick accent broke the defeaning silence that had been going for the past few minutes.

Nodding, I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "Xaipete, father." I said, meeting my fathers surprised expression.

"What are you doing here Ale-" he began but cut short when he finally noticed the two giants standing behind me. Swiftly my father stood up and rounded his desk. My father was still weel built even if he was in his 50's, stadnign at 6ft2, but in bulk wise, he was no match for the two Italians behind me.

"Why are you with Angelo's group?" my father asked, his voice raising slightly as he focused on the two behind me.

Angelo decided to speak out, "Your daughter, had a fall in with one of our missions, I called you over the phone about a meeting where we shall discuss an matter.." his tone business like while his expression remained platonic.

Nodding my father motioned to my mother before muttering something in her ear , nodding she briskly walked out of the room.

Sighing, I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"I'm guessing you know who these men are, as well as what I do , Alessa, a Boss of a Mafia group," my father spoke looking directly at me, his eyes reflecting sadness.

Sighing, I turned my head to him, "Yes, but still you hid this all from me, not even I left home two years ago you told me the truth." I said, tilting my head to the side ,exhaling slightly.

"You wouldn't have understood, Alessa , its a dangerous business we run, I didn't want you involved with this corrupt business." he stated taking a swift step towards me, wringing his hands together, a habit we both had when confessing something.