Family Gatherings

IMPORTANT A/N: I have a new book out! Go check it out 💕

3 Months Later..

Alessa's P.O.V

"There's my favourite sister," called Christina, her arms spread open as she embraced me in a tight hug. Chuckling I embraced her small frame, hearing the echo of male baritones through the hall.

Pulling away, I watched Christina's face twist into exhaustion as two high pitched child voices bounced down the hallway, the sound of giggling and squealing gaining volume. Chuckling I saw the two kids round the corner, their signature blue eyes bright, almost glowing in the dimly lit room.

Kade and Lilly, Christina's children. Both adorably sweet, yet terribly exhausting. Both twins, but both complete opposites of one another, it's almost humorous to watch Lilly boss around Kade, demanding she be able to braid his hair. Kades trembling bottom lip as he grudgingly gets dragged away by his thirty second older sister. So stubborn at only the early age of 8. It's quite funny to watch though.

"I wished you hadn't asked me to bring them, they're so much to control," Christina exclaimed, watching tiredly as they began to run amongst the men's legs.

Letting out a chuckle, I rubbed her arm," Don't be silly, they're angels," I replied, sending a quick wink to the exasperated Christina before heading over to the men.

Upon hearing my clipped footsteps, Mikel and Josh both turned to me. Both already to ooze charisma into the large dinning room. The two familiar eyes shining with familiarity.

"Alessa, good to see you again," Josh said, his soft smile gracing his face before quickly becoming sidetracked by his two glee ridden children.

"You too Josh, good to see Kade and Lilly as well," I replied, watching his wandering eyes watch his children, both attempting to play tag around the table, Kade tripping over a table leg in the process, his small body hitting the floor with a soundless thud.

Laughing, I watched as he gingerly excused himself before hurriedly calling after Kade and Lilly.

"Alessa," Mikel called, smirking I glanced over at the youngest Dimitri, his smug persona fitted into a tailored navy suite.

"Mikel," I drawled, his smirk growing as I cocked my hip at him,"Still attempting the new school?" I asked, my accusing brow lifting in question.

Chuckling sheepishly, his hand ran through his tamed hair, his mind obnoxiously churning to find a suitable answer.

"You could say that," he murmured, shaking my head, turning my head to the side, I caught a glimpse of the Dimitri father. I watched as Rafa strode over quickly, a slender woman hooked to his arm, his dominating aura evident as he remained standing proud, even with the most delicate martini glass posed within the his usually harsher grasp.

"Alessa, my girl, how are you?" Rafa'S deep baritone voice resounded beside Mikel, his figure looming over us all.

"I'm great Rafa, but who-" I began to ask who the the woman was beside her before I was cut off by her sudden embrace.

"Oh it's wonderful to finally meet you, you truly exceed your described beauty," the woman exclaimed, her face Lit up like a child's as she examined me from head to toe. My words were torn away as my mind drew a blank, I watched as she woman squealed and gasped like a child as she rounded on me, her perfect lips forming unusual O shapes.

I smiled sheepishly before looking at a surprised Mikel, quickly catching my eye I motioned to the mysteriously ecstatic woman. Letting out a silent chuckle, he quickly interrupted the seemingly gleeful moment.