Victory of the Daleks (pt 1)

It was 1944 in a secret underground war room. It was smoky, and men and women in RAF uniforms were crowded all around the table speaking urgently into headsets, trying to keep track of the war going on above, and trying to win it.

It was easier to do when you didn't know anyone, to pretend like the little dots on the radar were just that-- little dots, and nothing more. But to Breen, who was pressing her headset to her ear so hard she thought her ear might be bruised by now, there was one little dot on the radar that meant the world to her- one little dot that resembled the love of her life, flying and fighting to the death.

"If wishes were kisses," she sighed into her headset, hoping for dear life that he was okay, because that was all she could do, besides communicating the same codes over and over. "Hostile 36, confirm, please." She continued, doing her job. After all, she was still quite lucky that she got to take a part in the war. Girls only started being able to help when they were desperate for it, and Breen was more than ready to do as much as she could.

But everything was easier said than done.

Another woman walked into the room with an announcement. "26 and 41 detailed to intercept."

"41?" Breen asked, fearing that she was hearing right. "But that's Reg's squadron." The woman gave her an apologetic look, until the man himself stepped in the room, and everyone stood straight as they could, alert. "Sir."

"How many?" Winston Churchill asked the crew.

"Looks like a dozen Heinkel at least, sir. With Messerschmidts flanking." A male officer responded.

"Out of range?" Winston asked.

"Normally, sir, yes." Breen responded eagerly, but there was a worry that could be heard behind her voice. Winston glanced at her for just a moment, but it was a war, after all. Who wasn't worried?

"Well, then," Winston puffed his cigar, "Time to roll out the secret weapon!"

Breen nodded with a smile. She was excited for the weapon, she really thought it could help win the war... and bring Reg back safe. She pulled out a long stick and pushed the figure of the weapon across the map.

Little did Breen know, that weapon was a Dalek.

888

Winston Churchill was writing away in his dark, smoky office, when a buzzer sounded. He took off his glasses and smiled, knowing who it must be.

888

The Doctor opened the TARDIS doors and stepped out, and I heard the sound of rifles being reloaded and pointed at him. "Nova, Amy..." We stepped out also and saw him holding his arms out in introduction, "Winston Churchill."

"Doctor? Is it you?" Winston asked him, while I just wearily stared at the guns being pointed at us by the three soldiers. Even if I knew I wasn't actually going to get shot, and if I did, I would probably just regenerate... being held at gunpoint still felt uncomfortable. I was also still trying to process the fact that I was here in the first place at the same time.

"Oh, Winston, my old friend!" The Doctor greeted, going to shake his hand-- but Winston turned his hand outward, motioning for him to give him something. "Ahhh, every time!" The Doctor pointed at him.

"What's he after?" Amy asked the Doctor.

"TARDIS key, of course."

"Think of what I could achieve with your remarkable machine, Doctor! The lives that could be saved!" Winston Churchill declared, trying to convince the Doctor to let him use the TARDIS for the war.