Flesh and Stone (pt 3)

I kept moving forward through the forest with my eyes closed, paying too close attention to the sonic noise coming from the radio. I was trying to concentrate on moving as fast as I could, but I was afraid I would trip over something.

"Nova, listen to me," I heard the Doctor call me over the radio. "I'm sending a bit of software to your communicator. It's a proximity detector. It'll beep if there's something in your way. You just maneuver till the beeping stops. Because, Nova, this is important. The forest is full of angels," he warned me, as if I needed reminding. It was almost all I was thinking about. I was walking blind straight into an army of Weeping Angels. "You're going to have to walk like you can see."

888

"That time energy, what's it going to do?" River asked the Doctor, not looking up from the teleport she was trying to fix. She wasn't going to let Nova down.

"Er, keep eating," the Doctor rubbed his face nervously.

"How do we stop it?"

"Feed it."

Amy stood up from where she was sitting and walked over to the Doctor. "Feed it what?"

"A big complicated space-time event should shut it up for a while."

"Like what, for instance."

"Like me, for instance!" The Doctor shouted again, Amy still flinching, but River giving him a knowing look. The Doctor was extremely worried about Nova; he had to admit it. He didn't want to lose her for many, many reasons, and he didn't know what River was doing and Amy didn't seem to be helping, seeing as to how she just wandered off leaving Nova alone in the first place. The Doctor didn't know how to feel about it, though. Nova had threatened her, but she was trying to keep Amy safe, and it worked. Now the Doctor was determined to do the same for Nova.

888

I heard a high-pitched beeping echo through the radio, but also throughout the forest. "What is that?" I asked the Doctor through the radio.

"It's a warning. There are Angels around you now." The Doctor explained to me.

I could feel the lights flash through my closed eyelids as the beeping continued. "Oh," I commented. "...joy," I cheered in monotone, sarcastically. I was surrounded by them, and even if I didn't have the beeping, there was something eerie in the atmosphere. I could feel them here.

"Nova. listen to me. This is going to be hard but I know... you can do it," the Doctor assured me. I was walking extremely slowly now, listening for the beep and trying not to sway and keep my footing. "The Angels are scared and running and right now they're not that interested in you. They'll assume you can see them and their instincts will kick in. All you've got to do is walk like you can see," the Doctor gulped. His words made me stop in my tracks. I was terrified, to say the least. It's not like I was terrified into not moving either, I was just afraid that I would mess up and die if I did. 

"Just don't open your eyes. Walk like you can see... You're not moving, you have to do this." The beeping was still the same, and I was a little confused on how it worked, and really scared to move. 

"Now." The doctor told me again. I didn't say anything, only stood in place, trying to give myself the courage to move. I heard a bang over the radio. "You have to do this!" The Doctor shouted.

I nodded, even though no one could see me. I assumed that the pace of the communicator was slow right now, at normal, and took a small step forward. The communicator was already beeping a little faster. I turned to the side just a little bit, and the communicator starting beeping extremely fast, and I gasped, feeling something in front of me, and leaned back just a little, moving myself at a different angle to take a few more steps forward. Little by little, I was able to take a few more steps, and the beeping was slow again.