The Big Bang (pt 1) / Court (pt 3)

Knocking my head against a mop awkwardly was a huge contrast from the manic, exploding TARDIS I had just left. I wanted to stay in the closet and leave—but the inter-universe headache was making me feel claustrophobic, so I stepped out and regained my breath.

I was about to re-enter and go back, until a familiar voice approached. "Hey—headache? Travelling again?"

I brought myself to look up at Dylan for a few moments, remembering that I told him everything, now. "Yeah. And I need to go back immediately. How's Meredith, any word?" I asked quickly. I knew she was in prison now, but we would still get updates on her wellbeing.

"Who's Meredith?" Dylan asked.

I glared at him seriously. "Don't joke like that, Dylan."

"I'm... not?" Dylan was worried now, and just as confused as I was. "Scarlette, who's Meredith?"

"Oh—never mind, I'll be back," I told him, before running off to the tech department.

888

I walked up to Meredith's cubicle—only it wasn't Meredith's anymore. I stepped into it slowly, looking around and noticing that everything was blank, nothing was pink, and everything was normal. I began shuffling through miscellaneous items on the desk—moving aside touchpads, keyboards, and monitors—until I found something that gave me all the answer I needed: A small, shiny crack of light.

It was bad enough that the cubicle was no longer Meredith's—but it was even worse that it never was hers in the first place.

888

I barely remembered my journey back to the closet I declared safe to travel through: the only thought running through my mind was that I had somehow brought the Silence to my universe, and if I didn't find a way to stop it, it may very well destroy everything. The Doctor could set off a second big bang and fix things in his universe—but I was seriously shocked with a lack of ideas on how to save mine.

My thoughts of Meredith washed away when I landed, and whirring sounds and shouts shot at me from every direction possible—some things grabbing my arm.

"Stop! Stop..." I tried.

"Weak... We are at an advantage!" A Sontaran voice cheered.

"Get off of me!" I struggled, my headache almost empowering me more to stomp my feet and thrash about as much as I could—but the men grabbing me wouldn't budge.

"Nova," I stopped struggling when I heard a familiar voice call my name. I looked up, and my vision cleared enough. "I'm sorry."

I shook my head, tears in my eyes both from the pain, and the sight of the Doctor trapped in front of me. "It's okay."

"Remove her essence!" The Sontaran commanded.

I felt extremely uncomfortable as one of the Romans pulled my locket out from under my shirt—but even worse and they brought it up over my head.

Similar to the time my locket was smashed in the car door by Amy—I felt like all the blood in my veins had been replaced with heavy sand—and was slowly loosing control of all voluntary motion; I couldn't move a single muscle in my arms or legs even if I tried, and my eyes fell closed.

I tried to speak, but I didn't have enough energy for that either.

I opened my eyes just in enough time to notice another Roman place my locket in a box beside the Doctor's head in the Pandorica—and fell unconscious.

888

"Hey... come on... come on, that's it. Wake up," A familiar voice soothed me. I felt a warm piece of metal being pressed to my sternum, and like that piece of metal was slowly warming my whole body—bringing it back to life.