Time of Angels (pt 1)

It was a beautiful day outside. The sky was perfectly clear blue, and the grass was green in the open park. A man stood in the middle of it, slowly spinning in awe. His eyes had a glassy, drugged look to them, and just at the corner of his lips, was the mark of red lipstick. Three men walked up to the man. The older one in the middle was in an evening jacket. He was the boss, but instead of holding a gun, he held a handkerchief, and used it to wipe the lipstick of the face of the man who was in a daze.

"It's a beautiful day," the young man with the lipstick print said, only it wasn't, really. It was only a beautiful day for him, because he was under an illusion, and the three men who were aware of the fact that they were actually standing in the corridor of a spaceship knew exactly why.

"Hallucinogenic lipstick," the older boss man observed, his face turning hard, knowing what was coming. "She's here."

888

In another corridor of the spaceship, the woman in question strutted down the hallway in red high heels like she owned the place, her long black dress flowing around her ankles. She stopped in front of a door, pulled out a gun from her bag, and fired at the lock. The door slid open to reveal a black cube with a hole through its center, and the woman walked up to it, tilting the cube so the top faced her. She charged up her gun, changing its setting to become a blowtorch, and began writing symbols into the cube.

888

12,000 years later, Amy was stubbornly following around the Doctor through a medieval looking museum as he gave out his opinions of all the objects on display. "Wrong! Wrong!" The Doctor called, pointing at the cases as he walked around them. "Bit right, mostly wrong. I love museums."

"Yeah, great. Can we go to a planet now? Big space ship, Churchill's bunker...? You promised me a planet next. When is Nova getting back?" she complained. The Doctor explained everything he knew about Nova to her and where she went. It made perfect sense to Amy, and she knew that Nova would come back. The Doctor, on the other hand, seemed really jittery about it.

"I don't know about her," he waved off nervously. "But this, Amy, this isn't any old asteroid. It's the Delirium Archive-- final resting place of the headless monks-- the biggest museum ever," he told her, as he rushed around the displays and peered into them.

"You've got a time machine, what do you need museums for?" Amy complained, barely glancing at the artifacts she passed by.

"Wrong! Very wrong!" The Doctor exclaimed, pointing accusingly at one of the cases, before running up to another one. "Oooh, one of mine," he moved on to another one, "Also one of mine."

Amy stopped at that glass and peered down into it. "Oh, I see. It's how you keep score." She figured, but the Doctor had already moved his attention to the next display case, and seemed to be really intrigued by it. He walked all around it and rested his clasped hands on top of the display case, peering down at it with concentration.

"Oh great, an old box." Amy stated, looking down at the rustic box with foreign symbols on it, clearly unimpressed.

"It's from one of the old starliners. A Home Box." The Doctor explained to her.

Amy propped up an arm and leaned on it. "What's a Home Box?"

"Like a black box on a plane, except it homes. Anything happens to the ship, the Home Box flies home, with all the flight data." The Doctor explained to her.

"So?" Amy asked, trying her best to seem interested, although at the moment, she really didn't care. She wanted Nova back, so they could see a planet.