Vampires in Venice (pt 2)

Guido put the map of Venice down on the table, The Doctor, Amy and I hunched over it while Rory sat in the back on some barrels. "As you saw, there's no clear way in. The House of Calvierri is like a fortress. But there's a tunnel underneath it," Guido pointed, tracing his finger through the path, "with a ladder and shaft that leads up into the house. I tried to get in once myself, but I hit a trapdoor."

"You need someone on the inside," Amy suggested.

"No," The Doctor replied instantly, sternly, not even looking up from the map.

"Oh, come on," I tried, growing frustrated at the fact that I couldn't figure out any other way to get in, and at how Amy had figured that out now.

"You don't even know what I was going to say!" Amy continued.

The Doctor looked up at her. "That we pretend you're an applicant for the school to get you inside and tonight you come down and open the trapdoor to let us in."

"Oh, so you do know what I was going to say..."

"Are you insane?" Rory asked.

"We don't have another option," Amy pointed out.

"He said no, Amy. Listen to him," Rory tried from behind us.

"There is another option..." Guido pointed over to where Rory was. Confused, Rory pointed at himself, not getting what he meant. "I work at the Arsenal. We build the warships for the navy."

The Doctor walked over to where Rory was sitting on a barrel, and sniffed around. "Gunpowder," he put a hand on Rory's shoulder, "Most people just nick stationary from where they work."

Rory slowly inched away from the barrels and stood up, while the Doctor walked around. "Look, I have a thing about guns and huge quantities of explosive," he warned.

Guido slammed his hands on the table. "What do you suggest, then?! We wait until they turn her into an animal?!" He turned away and poked at the fire angrily.

Amy shrugged from where she was sitting on the table. "I'll be three, four hours tops."

The Doctor gave a small smile at her persistence, but then quickly wiped it away. "No, no, no, no, no, no. It can't keep happening like this. This is how they go," The Doctor sat on the bed and put his head in his hands. I sat down next to him comfortingly, and he took a deep breath and leaned back, looking at me as he spoke again. "But I have to know. We go together," He turned to Amy. "Say you're my daughter."

"What? Don't listen to him!" Rory argued.

"Your daughter? You look about nine," Amy whined.

I gave a small chuckle at that, and the Doctor frowned at me playfully and poked me in the side, making me giggle even more.

"Brother, then." The Doctor suggested.

"Too weird. Fiancé," Amy replied. I raised my eyebrows at that. It was beginning to irritate me how she seemed to forget about Rory that way, and obviously, it was irritating him, too.

"Uh, I'm not having him run around telling people he's your fiancé," Rory interjected, pointing accusingly at the Doctor.

"No. No, you're right," Amy stood.

"Thank you."

"I mean they've already seen the Doctor," she turned to Rory abruptly, "You should do it."

"Me?" Rory questioned, not being sure whether she was joking or not.

"Yeah!" Amy smiled, "You can be my brother," she rubbed his head playfully.