Prologue

♠Andy's POV♠

       'Ms. Jay Is it time yet?'' 
      'No, you just need to wait a little longer Jessie. Be a little patient, will you?'
       'It seems like forever man. Do we have to wait for it to be exactly 6:30?

      What’s with those sounds?  Urgh! What are people doing in my room and the weird part speaking in hush tones? What lovely ways of being waken up in the morning, huh? Recognizing the two voices almost immediately, they belonged to my best friend and my mother. Groaning I tried burring my face under my pillows trying to block all the noise out. I need my beauty sleep you know.

         "Why don't you just get up Andy? I know that you are awake. Don't give me reason to splash this bucket of ice cold water on you." Jessie knew me too well; ice water was my only weakness on a morning.

        "I don't want to, Jess. It's maybe just 6:30 for crying out loud," I whined. A deep sigh escaped her lips then she said, "I really didn't want to do this to my beloved best friend... Sigh..." She was so faking that sad voice, and I knew it.

'SPLASH'

       "Immediately after that cold impact I sprang out of bed and ran down the hall screaming. “Jess! What the hell dude?" Done with my running about the place; I returned to my room. Only to be greeted by my mother and best friend who were rolling on the floor with a laughing fit.

      "Hardy. Ha-Ha guys. A simple poking war would have done the trick, don't you think?" I said leaning on my door frame. "W-Where is the f-fun in that?" Jess said in-between laughs, whipping away tears from her eyes.

      "Mom, you gave her the idea didn't you?" Folding my arms across my chest I shot my mother one of my famous glares. Her hands went up in surrender while she got off the floor.

        "Jess over there wanted to do something creative. What can I say?" She said, walking past me leaving a few lingering pats on my shoulder. "I'll be down in the kitchen preparing breakfast for you all. Hurry and get ready before the two of you are late!" My mom tried sounding strict but that tone of voice failed epically.

        "Don't sweat it Ms. Jay I'm here so there's no way we are going to be late," Jess saluted my mother in the most idiotic way ever displayed to mankind.

      "Now as for you, little miss Andy go take a shower, you stink!" She said making an over exaggerated movement with her hand over her nose. "Whatever," I said sticking my tongue out like a five year old while heading towards my bathroom. "Wow Andy, how mature." Rolling my eyes at her statement I shot her the finger. "Happy, is this mature enough for you?"

       She just shook her head then trying her best to sound like a four year old she said, "No, no Andy, that's just mean," Jess pouted then walked out of my room.

        "Took you long enough to get out," I muttered under my breath entering the shower after striping butt naked. Opening the tap the hot water stream collides onto my skin, releasing all my tension. I closed my eyes, and the hot steam envelops my body. As I wash the shampoo suds off me, the water sending them down my back, making me feel completely relaxed.

        Too bad all good things must come to an end. Arguing with myself I debated whether or not I should step out the shower. Getting out I brushed my teeth and placed my long blonde hair in a messy bun. Today, being Monday I chose to wear skin tight skinny jeans, a red V-neck and a pair of black high-top Nikes

         Taking a last glance at the mirror I grabbed my backpack then skipped downstairs. The tantalizing smell of blueberry pancakes gave me a direct kick in the face as I entered the kitchen. My mother placed a plate full of delicious goodness on the island as I took the seat next to Jessie, who was currently pigging out.

           Jess and I said our individual goodbyes to my mother as we headed out to Jess' car. We were already settled before Jess drove off in full speed. Today was our first day of our last year of high school, sweet life. "Are you ready for a year of hell Andy?" Jess asked calmly, tapping the steering wheel. 

          "I've never been more prepared in my life" I responded emotionlessly as ever, leaning back into the passenger seat. Who was I kidding? High school has the word torture written all over it. Sigh, guess I can handle one last year of it.