Chapter 27

♠Andy’s POV♠

This couldn’t be happening to me, not here and not now. Cameron couldn’t be dead, could he? There was nothing that I could do. No one could come and rescue us now. It’s my entire fault that all of this is happening and I just know it.

Standing still, I allowed all the tears to build up in my eyes. There was nothing else for me to do but cry all the pain away as though it was nothing. My heart was broken beyond repair; nothing could mend it at this point.

Taking one last glance at his body which laid on the cold hard floor a gasp escaped my lips. Not a gasp of surprise but a gasp for air because I was now chocking on my own saliva. Holding in tears and sobbing from the inside was hard but I just needed to.

Automatically, the palm of my hand covered my now parted lips as my body broke down. Losing all control, I allowed the tears to run down my cheeks. The sobs came out freely as my legs became jellified. There was no way in hell that I could hold in my bellow anymore.

“C-Cameron… Y-You’re alive right?” There was nothing but, silence.

“Cameron! Answer me…” It wasn’t any plain hush, it was; unbreakable silence.

“Cammy y-you can’t die on me now! W-We have our lives to live together,” I cry, dropping myself onto the ground. Covering my face with my hands I sobbed even louder, as if I was the only one in the room.

“Ha you seem so weak and pathetic Andy. He is never coming back, he might be a very close friend to my son but he isn’t anything to me. So, if you don’t mind; may you shut the hell up?” He hissed. Son? I knew it, his son must be Hunter, and if not… who else would it be?

I was truly weak at this point; everything seemed to be moving in circles. My mind was in its own land of sadness and grief. The matter before me distracted my every thought. I couldn’t care less about the situation I was in right now because my one true love was done for.

Whipping the tears off my face with the back of my hand, I crawled towards Cameron’s direction. I knew it was useless but all I needed to do was touch him one last time. Then, maybe, just maybe… I could get some courage and make a run for it. Stupid, I know, but I didn’t care anymore.

My hands were pressed against the cold tile, so were my legs as I practically slid across the floor. He was getting closer and closer but he seemed so far. For some reason all this crying was getting to my head and my body was giving up on me; slowly.

Extending my right hand forward, I stroked his handsome face gently. My heart literally stopped when I felt how cold his skin was. I couldn’t help it anymore; with all my remaining energy I swung myself towards Cameron and began shaking his body with my remaining strength.

Shaking him ferociously I tried waking him up. Wake up Cammy, please. I need you in my life man; you’re the only guy that I’ve ever really loved. This thought came to my mind causing extra tears to stream down my face. My body didn’t have much stamina remaining, leading to me resting on his shoulders, crying and hoping that he wasn’t actually dead.