Chapter 29

Dedicated to @angelicarimando for stopping my wasting of time and allowing me to set my mind on an update! Thank her for this update guys!

♥Cameron’s POV♥

“Cameron,” I head my name being called over and over again. All around me was consumed by darkness, I couldn’t see a thing. Even my breathing was feeling constricted and I didn’t think that I could keep it up any longer.

I couldn’t move; my body felt paralyzed up against whatever surface which I was laid on. My chest felt tight most of all because it felt like something was squeezing it together. To put everything a lot simpler, my entire right side was feeling kind of weird; almost numb.

“Cameron!” My name was said once more but this time with a little more force and worry. Being in another world; which was far from common that the real one, I couldn’t distinguish who this voice belonged to.

Suddenly, I felt a pinch on my cheek but it didn’t hurt at all. My consciousness was returning but not as fast as I wanted it to. Once again, this individual touches me on the face once more but this time with a slight tapping action.

“Cameron honey, wake up, you need to take in your medication,” By the way this sentence was said, I was sure that whoever it was, it was either a nurse or a doctor. I don’t know why but deep down I feel so disappointed knowing that it wasn’t who I wanted it to be.

I wanted to wake up to the site of Andy’s smiling face;  a face that had no sign of fear, worry or pain visible in it. For the short time that I have known her, I’ve caused all of those emotions: anger, sadness, hurt, pain, worry, fear, love and much more.

All I wanted was for her to be happy and not have a care in the world. I never meant for her to be a target for the Marco gang, I never meant for her to get shot and I didn’t even expect her to be my girlfriend. Not saying that she being my girlfriend is a bad thing.

Opening my eyes slowly, the first thing I saw was a lady in white attire leaning over me. Yes, she was one of the doctors at this hospital, I knew her a little too well. Seeing that my eyes were now opened she smiles down at me, standing straight.

“Great, you’re awake. I’m just going to give you two pain killing injections, a vitamin tablet and I’ll just take one last check up,” She says, already clearing out the reason why she was here. I liked this doctor for this; she was always straight to the point.

“U-Uh…” I tried to speak but my mouth was so dry and tasteless. Even that effort made my head hurt a little. Assay, the doctor, also known as my neighbor, grabs a small bottle of water from the small table next to my bed. Opening the cap, she places the bottle up against my lips and I drank freely.

At first I felt a sting because my throat felt as though it was being cut; and then the refreshing sensation took over. In no time I was already done with my drinking and then she got rid of the bottle. Putting on her gloves, she then pulls the covers off of me.

Without the covers on I felt so damn naked but I knew I wasn’t because I still felt cloth against my skin. Allowing my eyes to travel around the room, I realized that there wasn’t much to pick out; only a bed, a few tables and equipment.