CHAPTER 4: "Hey"

The morning clouds turned into a deep grey abyss of what was a sky. I was happy to be driving home, I couldn't wait to take off my shoes, make some tea and chill. 

Dom and Will usually come home later then I do since they have their own agendas to follow. 

I remember when I was like them, keeping myself busy, stimulated and involved. I missed the spot light of being productive working with a team, being passionate about something, springing forward to catch the next big assignment or topic before anyone else. 

But don't get me wrong I still have that strive, Im most likely on the top list at school maybe even close to be valedictorian? But at this point I didn't care things are different I'm different I have a different life now that I can never change. Bigger things I don't have a choice but doing. Being an Alpha was never my calling...it was Leo's

I open the door to an empty quiet house, I made a bee line towards my room without looking at anything else. I opened my room door and was greeted with familiar sights and smells. A small smile was brought to my face as I walked over to my closet and took off my shoes and setting them aside for the next day I would wear them. I then walk over to my desk and thats where I saw it, it stood tall, proud and still. 

It held a memory that I will remember forever, it was one of the last pictures I had with my brother.

He was my best friend, he was the star kid always had a smile on his face, did everything to help anyone in need. He was a bright guy and wasn't afraid to show it, he always had everyone at the palm of his hand either swooning over him or praising him. 

He was the one who pushed me to my limits, took me under his wing and taught me the best. He was quite protective of me and always had my back. Before Dom and Will he was the only one that knew who I was until I started high school and excelled just as well as him and supposedly even better than him.

The picture was taken on a random day at a random moment but the energy of the photo said it all we both stood next to each other with wild vivid smiles. We were both happy to be with each other and he was the best brother I could've asked for. 

Until everything stopped, a part was taken out of me and in placed a new livid soul that carries on in my body while my soul slowly stopped living. 

I walked back out to the kitchen to fix myself that tea I promised myself. Waiting as the tea soaked I realized it started to rain. 

I decided to sit on the little bench in Dom's room that I always found comforting. Entering his room I felt sudden ease and relaxation. The way Dom's room was organized showed a lot about him. He was very specific, careful, and modern. He had bookcases beyond bookcases along the wall nearest to his work desk in the far right of his room. Then on the left was his bed and this huge tall window that faces a small padded bench where he likes to sit and read. I myself stumble upon this spot because it has the best view in the house and his room was atmospherically pleasing. 

Sitting down I engulfed the room around me, allowing myself to relax. Closing my eyes once more allowing my sleep to get the best of me as the rain lightly hit the base of the window.

I don't dream much, my mind just goes blank whenever I sleep. Or sometimes I end up doing simple things like running in a forest or wondering in vast places far away from home. And this time was nothing different, I found myself in familiar looking woods as I began walking about. 

The deeper I got the more I began to take in all senses of the forest. The trees, the falling sap, the dirt mixing around within my steps and of course the subtle breeze I am way to familiar with.   

I found an opening at what seemed like the end of the forest, I rest on this odd shaped rock and take in the view. 

"Beautiful isn't it?"

I turn next to me and their he was 

"Leo?" 

"Hey"

"W-wait is this real?" 

"I don't have much time Liz... you have to listen to me... know this new life hasn't been the best for you and to tell you the truth its going to be a lot harder, I know whats going to happen and the future you will too..." as my brother holds my hands smirking lightly.

"But something really great is going to happen... something you will hate at first and to be honest not even trust...but don't judge things so easily... take a chance and follow your gut... you are a real alpha now and I knew you had to be, Liz you are a strong woman and I am proud to call you my sister I miss you so much..."

"Leo you cant be serious...this cant be real...how are you even doing this...and what is going to happen...I-"

"Don't worry Liz...all I can say is listen to that beast of yours, its apart of you now that you will always have and its stronger than ever, don't take that for granted..." Leo slowly lets go of my hands and embraces me into one of his warm loving hugs. I took in all the feelings around me, this was real I was holding my brother. 

He smelled like cinnamon and crisp autumn leaves. 

He held me tight just like he always did. 

"I m-miss you" I say holding back tears closing my eyes 

"I love you Liz" 

And just like that I was alone again with my cheeks wet in a dark room laying on the bench in Dom's room. 

"I love you too Leo" I faintly said to myself as the rain continued and the darkness consumed me once more.  

Chapter 4 got me feeling emotional! Its been an emotional couple of days to be quite honest with you but anyways heres more of Liz for you and just a little into her life but thats all I got for now. Have a great day/night/afternoon wishing  you all the best -CulturedxSoul