Chapter 16: "He was my brother"

His shirt is now turing a bright red from the blood as he tries to put pressure on his side. I couldn't feel anything but relief. 

Relief? Wait what? why I just hurt my mate... 

*But he hurt you so now you are even.

I just stood there still as he presses more into his shirt.

"Ill be honest with you Liz you really did a number on me" 

My eyes meet his as there was an awkward silence. 

I twitch my head slightly

"What?" he says 

"you called me Liz" I say softly. 

It just registered that he's been calling me by my preferred name since we last saw each other. I felt this wave of comfort and acceptance from him. I look down at the ground and start smiling like a little girl. 

"Ok you look very beautiful when you daze off like that but can you please help me here?" Cedric pleads with a weak smile. 

I automatically snap out of it and look around the parking lot. No one in sight, I reach for my phone and text Will an SOS. 

"Who are you texting?" Cedric questions more forward than usual as if he's offended. 

"Just trust me" I reply back. 

I put my phone in my back pocket and approach him "can I take a look?" 

He nods as he slowly releases his stained hands. 

I lift up his shirt, now exposed I couldn't help but gasp. It was worse then I thought it was an open wound with deep set holes that form a bite mark. Oozing and seeping through every hole as he breathes just making him wince even more. I didn't dare touch him as he now pants and groans in pain. 

I help him sit down against his car as I hold him and attempt to soothe him. Cooing and whispering sweet nothings as he closes his eyes and rests his head on my chest. 

Few seconds later I hear someone approaching the car I instantly tense as Cedric fell weaker. I look to my left and finally Will appears out of breath. 

"Damn Liz... you...y-you had me scared there..whats-" as Will now sees Cedric and immediately focuses. 

"Will can you please help him...you're the only one that can" I say. 

"It's going to hurt him bad Liz are you sure?" Will replies

"Yes." I say bluntly. 

He rolls up his sleeves and he examines Cedric's wound.  

"Ok here goes" 

Will then reveals his claws on his right hand and slowly injects them right into Cedric's wound.  

Cedric then rises from my grip as he yells in agony. 

I immediately try to get him to calm down and settle but he just cries out as his eyes water and change into his wine red orbs. 

"Keep your mate in check Liz please he needs to relax so I can at least stop the bleeding!" Will says tensely as his whole arm is pulsing with black veins as he tries to heal Cedric. 

"Babe please just calm down, listen to my voice" I say softly as I rub his back trying to hold him. He now just breathes long and harsh as I keep talking to him calmly but steady. 

"Remember when I found you... I was seeing red and you were the only one that calmed me? You held me, embraced all that I was and told me that I was yours?"