CHAPTER 8: "I can't trust you"

LIZ P.O.V.

I was in Cedric's arms...

Cedric.

That name seemed so foreign only hours ago, but now feeling his presence it felt right, natural, normal. We just stood there I was wrapped in his arms as my legs went around his waist as he just held me like he knew this was expected.  

My mind was at peace, my beast was calm and I felt warmth... a warmth that I've never felt before until now and all because of Cedric. 

"You are mine now you know that right?" Cedric said breaking the silence

I raise my head from his shoulder to face him... showing my blood red eyes but instead of it being intense they were cool and mild.

But Cedric's were the opposite his eyes shined with confidence and pure focus as his eyes glowed a rich red wine color.    

I gave him a blank expression. 

Silence.

Cedric's face expression looked quizzical as he tightened his grip on me waiting for my reaction.

"Mine" is all I said before crashing my lips onto his.   

We both moved in sync craving each others touch.

Cedric started to move towards his bed as he laid me down gently and he hovered over me, he continued to kiss down my neck leaving small bites from my neck to collarbone. I couldn't help but growl under my breath as I brushed my hands through his hair. 

"My god Elizabeth... your so beautiful" Cedric manages to say right before his lips met mine again 

But then I stopped him "I go by Liz" 

He just smiles "I know...I just like to see you get tense about your name...its quite attractive" 

I just glare at him but I couldn't stay mad at that face but then it hit me.

I didn't understand...this was moving to fast... is he really my mate? This cant happen again...no not like this. But as soon as I thought that Cedric stopped. His eyes saddened as he saw me...crying.

"Baby girl...wait...whats wrong...did I do something wrong...love I'm sorry if i did... Liz I-" 

And thats when I stopped him I got up about to get out of his bed when he wrapped me around his muscular arms once again but I didn't hold back. 

"Liz whats wrong tell me what did I do" Cedric pleaded 

I didn't respond 

Thats when his grip became tight to the point where I couldn't move.

I grabbed onto his arm as I felt him tense 

"Liz tell me now" he said now in a deeper tone 

"I cant get hurt again"  I noted 

"Who...who hurt you Liz?"  he replied   

I looked up at his face filled with concern and anger waiting for my answer. 

"I can't trust you" is all I managed to say just then he let me go.