phone call / 9

"Hey Katherine?"

"Mm?"

"Remember our old conversations? Before we were even friends?"

"Of course."

"I remember, one of my icebreakers were 'do you like bananas?' and you looked at me like I was insane."

"Were you actually writing a report on that thing?"

"Physical versus emotional attraction?"

"That."

"Yeah, and I believed it until I had a hardcore crush on everything about you."

"So you weren't drawn to me for my looks?"

"That, and literally everything else."

"Like what?" I can feel his smile, imagine his eyes squinting at the ceiling.

"I liked the way you talked as if you'd already made a decision. I liked how strong you were. I liked how you'd tell me your problems but not expect me to tell you mine; patience. You were patient, but you didn't let me get away with any bullshit."

"And that was attractive?"

"I don't know how to explain it."

"Mm."

"What about you?"

"Hmm?"

"What did you like about me?"

"Hmm...I liked that almost every day I stepped onto the balcony you'd have a new, weird question for me. I liked that we could discuss things, smart things, silly things, and you never looked at me like I was weird. I kinda liked how you had a reason for every time you smoked, even if I didn't like that you did it. I liked that I could count on talking to you every day. Oh, and also, you're really pretty."

"Hmm."

"Hmm?"

"It's kinda like we're back to those, except we can't see each other."

"So, it's like...talking between balconies really late at night without any lights? That's why I can't see you?"

"Yes, think about it that way."

"I guess  that's nicer than how it is."

"Indeed. So your birthday's coming up in two weeks, any plans yet?"

"Not unless you're coming."

"Hmm...maybe."

"Don't tease. Only tell me if you actually are."

"Okay, Katherine."

********************

DO YOU REMEMBER THE BANANA CONVERSATION??

now now don't get your hopes up just yet.

ass(ets) by lankyqueen i love them so much except not really noah rn tbh fyi kkkkkk :) (1st reading recc)

i had a good day-ish kinda until the internet went down, that was aweome

(2nd reading recc) finding audrey by sophie kinsella is so good go buy it/download it illegally right now ;) (its a christmas present from my mom but she gave it to me early) 

i finally got wiped out! on itunes, i forgot what it was like not to listen to spotify ads (i don't have premium k)