phone call / 40

"Hello?"

"Katherine. We haven't talked in two days."

"You've been counting."

"Uhm...yes?"

"Sorry, I've been busy."

"No, you're disappointed in me and shutting down emotionally."

"...No comment."

"Can we just...wipe the slate clean? I mean, well, it can't be perfectly clean but can you just say that you're mad and we can move on and have a conversation."

"I'm not mad."

"Hurt, disappointed..."

"I just feel let down, okay? That's it, and every time I think about you it hits me again and it's juvenile but...I'm disappointed. And I don't know how to move on from it."

"Ugh, I should have just come home."

"You had work...it's fine."

"No, it's not. I think I had a pretty good streak of going of not disappointing you before I up and left."

"Yeah, I guess if you're not counting prior to being official."

"Well, duh."

"..."

"Please tell me you're smiling and rolling your eyes."

"I might be rolling my eyes..."

"I love you, and I'm sorry to make plans then cancel them and I hope you forgive me soon."

"I just want to see you."

"Christmas, I promise I won't cancel. It's just a month away."

"Um..."

"Okay, two months. It'll be fine."

"..."

"It'll be torture, it'll be like doing seppuku and living, every single day. Do you forgive me yet?"

"There was nothing to forgive."

"..."

"I love you too, Cam. Obviously."

"Obviously...so what are you doing?"

"I am getting dressed for dinner at Angela's."

"Oh, your mom's scary lawyer friend?'

"Yeah, that's the one. Apparently her nephew...I think nephew, will be there. He's a sophomore at Acadia."

"He's probably weird."

"Probably."

"And ugly."

"Oh, no doubt."

"..."

"Miss you."

"Love you."

"Say hi to Klossie."

"He says he misses you and that I'm a abusive father for making him move."

"I agree. I have to go, though, bye."

***

the time span of their conversation (writing it) was 30 minutes and the same time as the conversation I was having w my friend how simultaneous (finished w physics forever yo)

bless ur souls 4 reading my stories xoxo (gossip girl - HAH)

i am highkey in love w rhiannon mcgavin watch her slam poetry and condensed shakespeare it'll give you life