49 / the andersons

SAM CLAFLIN AND LAURA HADDOCK ARE THE ABSOLUTE CUTEST I HOPE THEY STAY TOGETHER FOREVER

yesterday i was thinking about doing a v-day special for balconial conversations bc of 1 million but then i ended up watching pretty little liars then insurgent (for the first time it was grand) so that kinda..  

****

"That sounds awesome, I wish I went away this year." A tall guy with a turtleneck sweater and jeans stands next to Cam.

"It's alright," Cam shrugs and tucks his hands into his pockets. "Have you decided on your thesis?'

"God, no. Elliot and I are going to a folk concert tonight, though, want to join?" He's got very short black hair that would probably be an afro if it were longer.

"Ah sorry, I'm home visiting my girlfriend." His eyes catch mine over the guy's shoulder. "Yup, there she is. See you, Tyler."

He joins me on the sidewalk, his fingers linking with mine automatically and comfortingly. He looks down at them as if he hadn't meant to do it, and peeks at me out of the corner of his eye. I squeeze his hand, lightly.

"So, how are you?" He asks, almost cautiously.

"Good..." I reply, and he nods, surveying the traffic as we come out to the street. It still feels strained, and I don't know how to fix it. "What's the plan for today?'

"Um, I'd like to see Milo, but besides that, whatever you want."

"Okay...want to get breakfast?"

"Sure," he replies affably.

We walk downtown to the new breakfast place without discussion, and I tell Cam to order me pancakes so I can find a table. I chose a booth with a window, and drop my purse on the table jostling the mismatched teacups.

I text Ellis: horrible

Ellis: what?

Me: it's going horribly. i don't know what's wrong i mean i was really weird with him yesterday it was so stupid then he slept at his parents and i stayed at home and now we're getting breakfast and he's being all nice and weird

Ellis: nice is weird?

Me: it's like he's turned everything off or something. it's strained and awkward

Ellis: then say it

Me: say what

Ellis: what you're thinking. you would've done that before

Me: it feels different now

Ellis: why?

Me: if we get into a fight it'll be wasted and i won't see him for months and we won't even be able to get back

Ellis: he's not going to get mad. you just need to get on the same page

Cam returns with water glasses and a National Geographic under his arm. "They only have blueberry, but apparently there aren't a lot so you can pick them out."

"Yeah, that's fine." I reply, and he arches a eyebrow just a little bit. His lips curl up into a smile.

"You hate blueberries."

"I know..." I sound petulant and he laughs. I do too.

I relax, and he does too; slouching in his bench seat and opening his magazine. "Did you know that Saudi women are opening gyms and training other women in personal defence?"

"I didn't." A women comes around to fill our tea cups with coffee, and he reads to me about Saudi Women, then the  endangered Amur Leopard.

***