39 / brunette

"Guess who texted back?" Sierra asks, cross-legged on my bed with her knees overlapping my shins. Her notebook is open on her lap but she's not quite studying.

"Oh, I don't know...Milo?" I'm typing a paper, balancing the laptop on my stomach.

"Yup." She smiles happily, proudly. "How are you?"

"I'm fine. I don't know why everyone's asking me. When is your mom picking you up?" Cam was supposed to arrive tonight, but he's not and everyone is leaving.

"Couple of hours. Anyway, because you look like your dog got hit by a transport truck." She knocks her knees against my leg, but I keep typing.

"Tell me about Milo."

"Well, I didn't want to go over because that seemed obvious and lame, but we had an hour-long conversation. I really like him, Kat."

"I'll never understand how you changed your mind from hating him and telling him you're a lesbian, to...liking him."

"I misjudged him. Meera doesn't even like him that much anyway."

"Mmhmm."

"Could you look up, please." She says with a lilt of something in her voice. I roll my eyes, but raise them.

Her hair is brown. I stare at it; it matches her eyebrows. How didn't I notice before?

She runs a hand through it, and laughs. "What do you think?"

"I've never seen you without blonde hair...it's...nice, suits you."

"Hope so, it's my natural colour."

I suppose that makes sense but I'd grown so accustomed to her dark, bold eyebrows and bright white-blonde hair that it seemed natural.

"I like it," I tell her, hoping it wasn't for Milo.

******
Theories on Sierra and Milo ?

Wrote my physics exam today and it was hard but it's OVER!!!!!!yay!!!!!!!