reunited / 71

I'm waiting by the wall, peering over the heads of the crowd as I look for his familiar one, when he materializes right in front of me.

He looks windblown and tired and hesitant, but he smiles at me and his eyes warm me to my toes.

"Hey," I say, hesitant because I'm not sure how to kiss him and any movement feels awkward and forced.

"Katherine." He says, like a greeting and a statement rolled into affectionate syllables.

I hide my hands under my sleeves because they want to touch him, then he reaches out and pulls on them. Then I'm in his arms and everything is warm and right.

I close my eyes and hug him, my arms slipped beneath his coat and tight around his waist and my cheek pressed to the cotton of his t-shirt. My stomach warms and relaxes at the same time, letting go of the knot that's been there for I don't know how long.

He feels the same. Smells the same. Hugs the same.

He pulls away first and I wish it had been me. My eyes might be a little misty, but it could be because of the too-dry air.

"C'mon." He takes the suitcase in one hand and mine in the other. I hold on with both hands and pray over and over that everything will be okay and not the end.

***

jaahahahahahhaahhahahha??????????????????????????????

also school was cancelled today which is awesome; however, it is not awesome that the roads are utterly full of snow in april

i am going to the same school as ellis (lives at) in september i have decided woooo