rewind / 83

PEOPLE SEEM CONFUSED SO HERE
****

Cam slathers his bagel in cream cheese as the morning sunshine glints off of his reading glasses. They're absolutely adorable.

"Stop staring at me, I  feel self conscious," he says with a little smile. The morning paper is open next to his tea.

"I'm just trying to get used to your face, you look so different." I continue squinting at him and with an overdramatic sigh he pushes the glasses up into his hair and he looks even more like an eye wear model.

"Better?"

"Same." I rip my raisin bagel into little pieces to dip into the puddle of strawberry jam on my plate and Cam rights his glasses to read the news.

It's nice, companionable. My latte has a heart design and I'm very tempted I post a picture of it to Instagram. Or maybe just a picture of him reading with his glasses because there are no words for that kind of visual agreeableness.

"It sucks that we're leaving, I love it here." I say, and he takes a bite from his bagel.

"Yeah? I can see myself living here at some point, it's so busy but chill at the same time, you know?"

"It's nice. And that street performer yesterday? It's December, I was so impressed."

"So Cambriel, this your girlfriend?" A very elderly lady with flour-covered forearms touches Cam's shoulder fondly.

"Kat, this is the owner of this fine establishment. Maria, my girlfriend." He says girlfriend with the flourish of his half-eaten bagel and she smiles at me.

"Kat, I hear so much about you."

We exchange pleasantries and she bestows upon us an entire bag of bagels for the trip home and kisses Cam loudly on the cheek and calls him "mon cheri".