el / 97

Cam is reading in bed when I reach his doorway. Asleep at his side is Gabriel, curled like a fawn with his shoulders haunched up quite endearingly, as if against the cold.

I clear my throat softly and Cam looks up guiltily, and whispers, "He just came in here like a lost puppy and fell asleep."

"Should I just go home?" I stage-whisper in reply.

"No, no... go down to his room I'll be there in a sec, I don't want to wake him."

Gabriel's room is significantly messier than the last time I saw it. He seems to have restlessly opened every single novel, textbook, magazine and board game in the house and situated them as a menagerie of entertainment in front of the television as sprawling into the kitchenette area. I pick my way across it and curl up on the sofa - I feel strange just hopping in Gabriel's bed, even if he's in Cam's. I hope he's all right.

"Oh my goodness, I can't believe he fell asleep." Cam let's himself in, shutting the door soundly behind him. "He's on too of my phone, too."

"Is he okay?"

"He calmed down after we talked to Abby. Why are you on the couch?"

"I don't know if the sheets are clean."

"True..." he's distracted by Gabriel's floor collection and crouches next to one of the textbooks. "Hey... that's mine, and that's mine... what is this, anyway? Oh, I had something to tell you."

"Hmm?"

"Don't laugh," he warns. I laugh. "I watched a YouTube video on long distance relationships.... stop laughing, and I have made a sort of plan."

I'm still smiling as I draw him down to the couch beside me. "Okay."

"K, so we should have designated call times like once a week, a few more if we get lonesome but not expect it every day? And, okay what was another... buy our tickets ahead of time so we know that no matter what happens you or I am coming to visit. Also... have like a little book club and read the same book then talk about it in FaceTime."

"The book club idea is cute."

He bites his lip, "We don't even really need this anymore, do we?"

"It would've been better in the fall, but we need all of the tips we can get."

"S'pose... have a nice talk to Ellis?"

"Yes! It was great, I didn't realize how much I missed him... you should call Milo."

He does that silent laugh. "Okay."

"I can't wait to go out for coffee with Ellis."

****

k that was finally taken care of MOVING ON:

1)i really am sorry for my absence, summer work is kicking my patootie

2)RADISH (the app) contacted me and wish me to write on there!! i haven't decided what story or sequel will be on there but that should be coming together in the next month. if you don't know what radish is: an app where readers can pay to read a chapter that is either completely exclusive (only read by paying $ with in-app purchases) or its freemium so they can pay to read it on there before the people see it on wattpad etc etc so THAT'S COOL

3) yesterday i cut my (long) hair to above my shoulders i simultaneously love it and hate it