61 / D (grade)

I've never received a D paper before. I'm not one of those all A's all the time students, but I've never failed. I've never gotten a D. As if I needed another self-esteem booster.

I curl up on the couch in our old favourite cafe. My latte is getting cold and Cam isn't texting me back.

I really need to talk to you.
Cam.

I press dial and hold it to my ear. I feel anxious, my chest is tight.

I miss him. I miss him, and the other girl gets to take pictures with him and I get to receive D-papers and cold lattes.

"Hello?" Female voice. Laughing lilt.

"Um, hi... Cam's not there, is he?"

"Noo, he left his phone at the library last night and hasn't come around to get it back. Can I take a message?"

"No... just, please tell him to call Kat back."

"Kat, as in his girlfriend?"

"Yup."

"Aw, you guys are so adorable." Adorable. My arm wants to throw the phone across the room.

"Thanks. I have to go, um, nice talking to you."

"You too. I'm Collins by the way."

"Okay. Bye." I hang up and pout into my coffee. She has a nice voice. I miss Cam. I can't school.

*****

lankyqueen parenthesis for you

THOUGHTS ABOUT COLLINS?? (fyi she's the girl who tags cam on ig and studies w him)

we did a reading of the hamlet-esque (by -esque i mean the characters were hamlet characters) story/short play i wrote to educate our biology class about ovarian/testes hormones today and it was very humourous (but really only to us) (we then just laughed at how culturally deprived the rest of our class was)