36 / missed

So I guess I never mentioned that Meera and Milo were dating since the summer el oh el sorry guys that was really dumb

i spent over an hour dividing is there somewhere into chapters from the big document (also updated it *WINK* over there on *WINK* cactiexotica)

****

Milo's arms are crossed and he broods at the television. A soccer game is on and the coffee table is piled with expensive medical textbooks.

"Want to talk about it?" I ask, trying to be his stand-in friend because that's what Cam would want me to do.

"No, I want Cam." He says it petulantly, and I try not to laugh.

"Well...okay..." I curl my legs up beneath me on the chair and lean back. "Guess I'll just watch soccer."

"Football." He says, with a hint of a smile. "You should call that football."

I smirk and he sighs loudly, pitching himself sideways on the couch. He rests his head against the arm, hugging a cute, circular pillow that I can't I can't him buying.

"I wish Cam was here," he says. "All of my other friends are stupid."

"Gabriel?"

He scoffs. "He's too busy with Abby, and he's probably helping cheer up Meera."

"What happened with you guys?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Have you talked to Cam yet?"

"No."

I reach for the open chip bag (most likely stale) and toss one at him. It bounces off his cheekbone to the floor, and he arches an eyebrow. "Smile, Milo."

"Shut up."

We sit for a while. "Sorry I suck at the feel better thing."

"I don't want to feel better, it's cool." He reaches one of his long boy-arms to the coffee table and takes one of the chips. "Ugh, how old are these?"

I call Cam for him and he pouts at me, but the moment Cam answers, a smile beautiful of relief flashes across his face.

"Hey...um, Mer and I. Yeah, we're done." He picks at a string on the pillow he's hugging. "I just...it just...I don't...."

I give him a half-hug before leaving. He's in good hands.