Chapter 2

Jung Kook's POV

"They are amazing!" Jin said while watching The Ark's performance in their room.

"Hyung, did you watch the MV? I almost cried!!" Jimin pretended to sob.

"Of course I did! They are better than me at dancing. That's not fair and-"

"That girl wearing the skirt is cute. I bet she's the visual," Suga interrupted Jin while pointing at the screen.

"That's enough, hyungs. You guys are so noisy," I told them and pretended to sleep.

"Eyy, Jung Kook. Don't pretend to not be interested when you were the one who smiled at her dancing part last time," Suga said while chuckling.

"Which girl?" Everyone turned around and stared at me.

"No, I didn't?" I said, defensively.

Suga hyung noticed? When he was feeling so grumpy at that time?

Flashback

"Hey guys! A girl group covered our song. Wanna watch?" Jin said.

Soon, everyone gathered in front of his laptop. I sat down with V hyung, wondering if they will be good or just average.

"They are called The Ark and they will debut soon!" Jin excitedly introduced them.

I chuckled. Jin hyung seems so excited and he is smiling so much.

"The Ark" NamJoon repeated.

Jin pressed play.

~doegopa neoui oppa
neoui sarangi nan neomu gopa
doegopa neoui oppa
neol gatgo mal geoya dugo bwa~

The video showed 5 girls who started dancing powerfully.

Hmmm, doing great so far.

All of us wondered if they could pull off our tough choreography.

"Woah, they are powerful!" J-Hope hyung exclaimed.

Both J-Hope and JiMin were smiling sheepishly. Jin started clapping his hands, looking excited as ever. Rap Monster started grinning. V seems so focused. I bet these hyungs are amazed by their beauty as well. What else?

On the other hand, Suga hyung looked tired. Ah, he must have been writing lyrics again until late night...

I watched the video anxiously, half hoping that they will not be better than me.

Eyy, Jung Kook. What a childish thought!

Here comes the tough part.

~daehakggajido neorang gandamyeon
cham jal gal geot gata
ganadaramabasaa hakunamatata!
ddokgateun peuropil sajin
wae jakku hwaginhalkka
geureohdago chakgakhajima
swiun namja anya~

"Woah she did it! My part!" Jhope exclaimed.

Everyone was amazed at the girl's jump.

Unknowingly, I smiled. That girl caught my eye. Definitely. The one who is wearing all black. The one who did the tough part.

Through the rest of the video, I was focusing on her.

"They are getting tired!!" Rap Monster said as the song got into the chorus.

"Eyy, hyung. Why are you so mean?" JiMin said.

Rap Monster laughed and insisted that we danced along.

The video soon ended and everyone wished the best for The Ark. However, I kept thinking about that one particular person who caught my eye.

Now

"Don't lie, Jung Kookie~" Suga hyung started teasing me.

"You were staring at her just now too, right?" He continued.

I shook my head but in the end, I gave in.

"Yeah, yeah. I was. It's her. I just like the way she dance. That's all," I said.

"Someone caught Kookie's eyes! Kookie likes a girl!" V started screaming and everyone laughed.

I threw my water bottle at him and it hit him. "Ouch!" Bingo!

"You guys are annoying!" I snapped.

"Hmmm.. But I do want to know her..." I accidentally spilled my inner thoughts. Ah, how foolish of me!

"I told you! Kookie wants to know her now!" V continued screaming and everyone went,"ooohh!"

"Then, make your move. Or other people might actually get in your way," JiMin said and winked.

"What? I just want to be friends, no more," I said.

"Sure. You may say that now but...,"
JiMin stopped halfway and laughed.

I ignored him and tried to think of something.

Halla POV

After performing, we hugged each other and thank everyone for their support before heading back to our room, backstage.

We went inside and found out that there are 5 vitamin bottled drinks on the table. There is a note too.

Hello, The Ark! Good performance. Drink well and take care!
From: Your sunbae
P.s. You did great, Halla.

"Is that your admirer or something?" Jane asked and laughed.

I shrugged and asked our manager about the drinks.

"I don't know who gave them either. Just drink. I'm sure the person meant well," He said.

"Let's just forget about that person and drink up, okay?" MinJu unnie said.

We nodded.