Chapter 21

Halla's POV

I woke up to notifications on my phone. I clicked on the Insta icon and found those comments. I chuckled.

He's jealous, right? Jung Kook. 

To be honest, I'm glad that we are good friends now. 

My phone vibrated and I checked to see a message from him.

To: Halla 

From: Jung Kook

See you soon, lovely.

Sunday

I walked into the cafe feeling jittery and nervous. I just wore a white shirt with my black jeans along with my Vans shoes. I kept walking slowly, my eyes darting around the almost empty cafe. At last, he caught my attention.
He was already sitting there at the last table, looking directly into my eyes.

Upon seeing me, he waved his hands and smiled brightly. I hurried to the table and sat down without saying anything. My hands trembled and surprisingly enough, he didn't say anything as well. As if he could understand and know that I needed time to collect my thoughts after all that happened.

It's funny as to how I wanted to meet him to explain everything yet, words couldn't come out now.

I took a deep breath and looked up into his eyes.

His hair was styled nicely today. He wore all black with black ear studs on both ears.

"I'm sorry, Jung Kook. I'm sorry for everything," I managed to let those words out. My eyes immediately went unfocused again. I wasn't able to look into his eyes. I didn't know what to feel. Was this entirely my fault? June is just a friend after all. What rights does he have to get agitated?

He exhaled a deep breath and he held my right hand, causing butterflies to fly around in my stomach.

"That's why, Halla. I wanted to make us official but you didn't want to. I was afraid," he stopped and sighed.

"I was afraid you would fly away just like a butterfly from me," he added.

"And why didn't you tell me the truth about him?"

"I just felt the need to conceal his identity. Just because," I replied. "He's someone precious to me,"

"I can see that he has something for you, Halla," he replied bluntly with a sour look on his face.

"We're just friends. We are childhood friends, Jung Kook. He's like a brother to me," I retorted.

"I doubt that," he snapped.

"Fine, if we are official, don't you think fans won't find out about us? And then what? I'm going to get all the blame, Jung Kook. It's not going to be you. IT'S ME," my voice started wavering and my hands were shaking.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I'm not here to make things worse for us and for you. I missed you so much and can't you see that you're the only one in my heart? I can't let you go," he said lovingly.

I noticed that we were still holding hands and my heart started beating wildly when I heard that. He seemed so genuine and the way he looked at me, it's as if I'm the most precious thing in the world. In his world. I tried to be calm again in order for my thoughts to be rationale.

And so, I explained everything calmly to him. The past of me and June. Our friendship and our secret meeting(including the hug and the forehead kiss). The latest meeting. Everything. No more secrets now.

He listened intently to me and he nodded his head with understanding.

"You just have to choose now. It's either me or him,"

Jung Kook's POV

I waited anxiously for her answer. She seemed much calmer now and in the sparkle in her eyes, I found the answer.

"It's you," she answered passionately.

"Then, tell him we're together. That you're mine. We don't have to announce it to the entire world. Just to him and the closest people around us," I winked at her.

"That way, you won't get hurt," I added.  

Now that we managed to express ourselves and settle the conflict, we ordered delicacies to sweeten the tense atmosphere and we ate happily.

Nothing could go wrong now, right? He won't come in the way anymore, right?

If I was really certain, why were there still questions lingering in my head?
Questions of doubt and uncertainty?

                         -------------------
SURPRISE
Is anyone still reading? I felt bad leaving the story halfway so I will try my best to update! Enjoy and read the story from a few chapters back in case you already forgot what happened before!

Thank you for reading ❤

P.s. I wanted the atmosphere to be lovey dovey but it ended up being serious .....

Sorry for any errors!