Chapter 16

Halla's POV

"But, I like you," he confessed.

He was looking straight into my eyes while holding my right hand tightly. His hand fits into mine perfectly.

It felt like a dream. A happy one where problems never existed. I was dazed by his words. It can't be true.

I stared at him, still in awe.

Jeon Jung Kook said that he likes me? The guy from BTS, the group with rising popularity? With thousands of fangirls? Did he just confess to me? Me? An ordinary rookie?

He started waving his left hand in front of me, bringing me back to reality, a beautiful one at the moment.
"Ya, I'm sorry if it's too sudden for you. I knew that this would happen. You're looking as dazed as ever," he said apologetically.

I froze, thinking of the correct words to say. I took a deep breath and looked at him.

"I like you too," I said, brightly.

We were still holding hands. I didn't want to let go. I finally said it. I finally expressed my feelings which I kept inside a bottle, in my heart. I feel so much better now that it's out.

He started grinning and blushed.

"Hey, Jung Kook. I'm just curious as to why you like me," I whispered.

"I told you already. The moment I saw you even through the video, I knew I had something for you. Your talent, your beauty," he admitted.

"After meeting you, your personality is even more beautiful. The way you talk and the way you cared about me. Thank you for giving me hope," he added.

I could feel my face turning red.

"Aish, thank you, I feel so flattered, but I'm just ordinary. Really," I convinced him.

"How about you? What made you like me?" He asked.

"The fact that you are there for me. My group members are really supportive but with you around, it's another different story. You made me feel alive again," I rambled.

"But, there's a problem," I said.

He looked at me and frowned.

"What is it?"

"We know we have something special for each other. However, I feel that we can't be official yet. It's too early and from the bottom of my heart, I don't want to lose you," I poured out my feelings.

He looked away, looking disappointed.
"Same. I confessed because I feel the need to. It's been in my mind the entire time and I just want you to know," he said, looking down.

"So, we will stay as close friends, alright? I'm spoiling the mood, aren't I?" I laughed.

"Yeah, you are dampening the lovely dovey atmosphere you know!" He laughed and poked my right cheek.

"Ya!" I pushed him away.

"So, we're really really close friends, alright!" He exclaimed.

"Yeah! We still have to know each other more!" I said.

Jung Kook's POV

Yes! We have mutual feelings!

However, I was a little bit disappointed when she pointed out that we couldn't be official. I knew where she was coming from. She's afraid of the media lurking onto us. She's fearful of the fangirls attacking us. Importantly, she's afraid of losing this friendship. I feel the same way.

I held her right hand and shot her my death glare. She stared at me in surprise.

"What's wrong with you suddenly?" She laughed.

"I know we aren't official but you can't get too close with other guys okay," I told her firmly.

"Don't worry, I've no close guy friends," she said.

"What about that guy on Instagram? The one you posted a picture of his hand?" I snapped.

"I told you that was my brother," she defended herself.

I wasn't really convinced but I let it go.
------------------

"We have to go, beautiful Halla. I wish we could see the sunset together but time is not allowing that. Let's go," I told her, while packing all the stuff back into the basket.

We linked arms on our way back and in the taxi, she fell asleep, her head on my left shoulder.

Upon arriving, I went out of the taxi to send her out first.

"Bye, Halla! Thank you so much for today," I said.

She waved her right hand, still standing in front of me.

I took a few steps towards her and held out my arms to embrace her. Fortunately, she accepted the hug. I could smell her sweet Vanilla-scented perfume. I smiled, contented with my blessed life right now. Being in love is really amazing.

"I love you, Halla. Take care," I whispered lovingly and I hurriedly left a kiss on her forehead.

She seemed surprised. So, I pulled my arms away.

I could see that her cheeks were pink, probably blushing.

"Thanks for today! Likewise, my Kookie," she said and turned around to walk away.

I watched her walk away, curious as to whether our love for each other will last. Things may go wrong but I'm certain that I will not break her heart ever.

I went back into the taxi, heart thumping crazily. Partly because of her and partly because of the hyungs I have to face when I reached home later. Oh no.

-------------------
Tadaa! This chapter is so hard to write and I kept cringing because I'm not good at writing lovely dovey stuffs! I know some of you may go,"Why are they not together?! Why are they not dating?!" author-nim is evil to them mwehehehe It'll be fun in the future chapters! Hopefully, oh well! Thank you so much for reading! Love you guys!
To clarify: They are not dating as of now! Or will they ever? Oopps! :P