Chapter 5

Halla's POV

"Girls, be careful when you are on stage later! It's slippery after a drizzle!" Manager oppa told us upon entering our room, backstage.

"Yes, oppa!" We said in unison.

Today's performance for MCountdown will be on an outdoor stage! To be honest, my group and I are really looking forward to it.

After hearing that the stage will be slippery, Jane got worried.

"I'm scared if I will fall, unnie," she told MinJu.

"Girls, don't worry too much,okay? Just try your best!" MinJu said and held Jane's hand to comfort her.

"Yeah, and also, we aren't wearing high heels!" I added, causing the rest to laugh.

After we are done with our makeup and styling of hair, it's time to perform! Before walking up to the stage, we shouted our cheer.

THE ARK FIGHTING!

Jung Kook's POV

I was using my phone in the room, backstage, after performing. Suddenly, I looked up at the screen and it's finally The Ark's performance! My hyungs and I hurriedly gathered to watch them. I smiled when I saw her on the screen.

"Kookie, why are you smiling so much?" Suga said and laughed.

"None of your business, hyung," I casually answered.

Halla is doing well! However, I could sense that she is not at ease and her moves aren't as sharp as usual. Just keep going, cutie!

nae soneul jababwa nugunga piryohal ttae
I'll be that somebody somebody, (Somebody yeah)
We're in this for life yeah (In this for life~)
naman barabwa eokkaega piryohal ttae
I'll be that somebody somebody, (I need somebody baby~)
We're in this for life yeah (In this for life~)

The Ark- The Light

"GUYS! SHE FELL! IS SHE OKAY?"

"THAT LOOKS PAINFUL OMG"

"SOMEBODY HELP HER"

"KEEP GOING"

The room was soon in chaos when the chorus repeated. The unexpected happens...

Halla was doing fine until it was her turn to be in the center. While trying to change positions, she slipped and fell, causing her elbows to knock against the stage and her face flat on the stage. For a moment, she couldn't get up and she covered her face. That must have hurt like hell.

I immediately stood up and I felt so worried. I could feel my adrenaline rushing. My heart feels heavy. I swore I wanted to get out of the room and helped her. I continued watching and saw that MinJu helped her up. Thank goodness.

Her face was red and she looked as if she was about to cry. However, she continued dancing and smiling brightly after that. Fortunately, the song was about to end.

Once the song finishes, they bowed and exit the stage. MinJu is supporting Halla by holding her right hand. Halla walked slowly with her head down.

I rushed out of my room.

Halla's POV

After the fall, I just feel like giving up and going home. I am hurting so much and I couldn't walk at my usual pace. I could feel the pain throbbing through my veins.

We were walking towards our room when a familiar figure rushed towards me.

"HALLA, ARE YOU OKAY?" Jung Kook said loudly and he held my right hand, ignoring my group members' presence.

I was actually hoping that he wouldn't come. I'm not in the mood to see anyone right now. Just go away, I'll be fine.

"Yes, I am. Thank you for the concern, sunbaenim. I'll have to go. Let's not block the corridor," I replied, forcing a smile.

My members awkwardly stood beside me. He was still holding onto my hand and rambled on and on.

"Take care, okay? BlaBlaBla... I'm really worried."

MinJu knew that I just want to go inside the room. She immediately took action.

"Hey, she has to go, okay? She needs a lot of rest now! Thank you but goodbye," MinJu said strictly.

He let go of my hand, looking disappointed. He then turned around and walked towards his room.

"I told you he likes you..." I could hear YuJin's whisper.

*In the room*

"Guys, I'm really sorry for falling down earlier. I'm really embarrassed..." I sobbed, unable to control my emotions anymore.

Yuna sat beside me and hugged me while saying,"It's okay, sweetheart. You don't have to apologise. What's most important now is you. Rest well and don't think about this anymore."

MinJu helped me to place patches, to relieve the pain, on my elbows and my legs. I am really thankful for my members' help in ensuring that I'm fine. I lied down on the sofa while my members packed their stuffs into their bags.

I closed my eyes, hoping that I could sleep the pain away.

However, my mind wandered to Jung Kook. I could remember his last words before he went away, clearly.

"I'm really worried."

My heart beats faster.

We aren't even friends. Why get worried over me? I do feel bad about ignoring what he was saying earlier. He was concerned. Sometimes, I wish we could be friends but it's impossible...

There's a knock on the door and I opened my eyes. Aish, it's manager oppa.

"Halla, your phone vibrated a lot since just now. Here you go," he handed my phone to me.

2 miss calls from Mum❤
7 miss calls from Cutie ^_^
1 unread message

I was shocked upon looking at my phone and I hurriedly opened the message.

From: Cutie^_^
Halla, I understand that you may not want to talk to anyone now. I'm sorry for the miss calls. I hope you're feeling better. Don't be too hard on yourself, okay? I'm sure you tried your best. Take care always, lovely Halla.

I smiled. This means that he watched my performance (and my silly fall) in his dorm just now. He certainly knows me the best.

To: Cutie^_^
Alright, thank you. I feel so much better. Debut soon so that I can see you.

----------------------
I hope this chapter is okay... yay, a long chapter! Who is Cutie to Halla? (Try to guess who!) I'll try to give hints along the way in the story.
Thank you for reading and have a lovely day ahead!