Chapter 22

Halla's POV

To: June
From: Halla

We need to talk. Are you free now? 

A few minutes later

To: Halla
From: June

Yes, I'll call you. 

A few seconds later, I could hear my phone buzzing loudly and I immediately accepted the call. 

"Hello, Halla. What's the matter?"
His tone was full of concern.

"Hi, June. Since you're my closest and good friend, I wanted to tell you that Jung Kook and I are dating now, " I told him clearly and confidently.  No regrets and hesitation now.

I could clearly hear his sigh. I anxiously waited for his reply.

"That's good news. Hope that he will treat you well," he spoke quietly, as if to mask his disappointment. 

"Thank you. Oh, and please don't tell anyone else," I told him. 

"Sure, Halla. I would do anything to protect you, " he replied in a bitter tone.

"Alright then, June. Thank you so much, I'll hang up. See you soon, " I said and hung up the moment he said bye.

                        --------------------
Author's POV (3rd POV)

Upon finishing the call, June could literally feel his heart breaking, sinking into depths of despair. He wanted to scream out his frustrations. He wanted to be happy for her, but he couldn't. He had to accept that her heart belongs to someone else. Not him.

One question remains in his head.

Should he give up and just move on from this pain, or should he........ 

                         -----------------

Halla's POV

To: Jung Kook
From: Halla

Hi, love. I already told June about us. I feel so relieved. 

I sent him the message with a happy heart.

To:Halla
From: Jung Kook

That's good. I love you.  

-----
Short chapter! More to come, don't worry 💕