Chapter 18

Halla's POV

To: Halla
From: Jung Kook

Skype now.

Upon receiving the message, I hurriedly have my laptop on. A moment later, we were skyping and I could see his beautiful face clearly.

"Hey, Halla. Do you want to go to the amusement park, Everland, this weekend?" he asked genuinely, while smiling.

I froze. My mind wandering to June's face. Oh no.

"Jung Kook, I'm sorry... I have something on this Sunday, so I can't go out with you," I stammered.

He looked disappointed, his brows frowning as he stared at me.

"Something on? What is it? A schedule?" he asked.

"Catch up with a friend," I answered.

"A guy?" his cold tone pierced through my heart.

"No, a girl," I told him casually, hoping that he won't see through my lie.

"Okay, I trust you, love. We'll go out some other time then. No problem," he told me, giving me his attractive smile.

Just once. I'm not doing anything wrong. I have to lie to protect June. It's okay, Halla. If I say it's a guy, he will ask tons of questions.

It's not okay, Halla. You are lying to someone who loves you a lot. Remember, he's your boyfriend indirectly.

I could hear my thoughts-the angel side and the devil side. I tried ignoring them. We continued skyping for the next hour before I dozed off while he laughed at me.

--------------
Sunday

Time is ticking. Tick tock tick tock. I'm feeling happy and excited for later. Yes, I'm meeting him at last!

I opened my wardrobe and looked at the clothes in there. Hmm... What should I wear later? A dress? Casual? Formal? Chic look?

After a few minutes, I took out a simple plain pink dress and changed. I decided to tie my hair into a ponytail and put on my pink lip gloss. I put on my black ear studs on both ears as well. Tadaa, I'm done.

I looked at the clock on the wall of my room. 12.50 p.m. He's coming soon.

I hurriedly went outside to the shoe rack and took a pair of black flats with a ribbon on it.

"Have fun, Halla," I could hear MinJu's voice from behind.

I turned around to see her staring at me. I smiled and uttered a thanks before hugging her to say goodbye.

Ding dong. The bell goes. He's here. HE'S HERE.

I took a deep breath and opened the door. There he was, his black hair was styled nicely with his fringe covering his forehead, and he's wearing this earring on his right ear. He wore a black T-shirt with dark blue jeans along with black Vans.

The moment he saw me, he went into the dorm and pulled me into a hug.

"Halla, I miss you so much," he whispered into my ear.

I embraced him, and said while trying to hold back my tears, "I MISS YOU MORE, JUN HOE. It's been too long. You look really good now."

He laughed and stepped back, now linking arms with me.

"Let's go somewhere," he told me and I shouted at Jane to close the door.

Throughout the way, we talked and talked about our lives. He's going to debut soon with his group, Ikon. He told me that the pressure is on because their CEO expect them to win a lot on music shows. I told him to cheer up and gave him the brightest smile I could give him.

We're heading to the local bazaar, with a lot of food stalls.

-----------------
Upon reaching, we went to get cotton candy and popcorns. We kept on talking about our lives while eating. I could not help but stare at his face the whole time. I'm really lucky to still have him in my life.

June and I were childhood friends. He was a year older than me. We lived in the same neighbourhood and I knew him since I was 5. We were neighbours and during our free time, we would go to the playground while being accompanied by our parents.

He would always be there for me, just like a brother I never had. He protected me and cared for me. With him around, the word "fear" never existed in my dictionary.

We went to the same school until at the age of 15, he left for YG to achieve his dream of becoming a singer. He rarely came home and I was worried that he would forget me. He assured me that he won't. True enough, when he came back during certain weekends, he would visit me and we would chat for a while as I wanted him to rest.

When I was 15, I left my home for the company which picked me as a trainee. I've always loved dancing and since I won the recent dance competition in school, my dance teacher urged me to sign up for the audition. Fortunately, I was selected after a terrifying selection process.

Since then, June and I never met except when he sneaked out once from his dorm. We contacted frequently though phone calls and texts though.

------------------

"Hey, let's eat at that place, shall we?" he pointed to the spicy rice cakes shop near us.

I nodded my head and we walked together towards the shop, pushing our way through the crowd. Once we reached, we sat in a secluded area in the shop. It was pretty crowded but no one could recognise us, fortunately. The smell of spicy rice cakes wafted through the shop.

He stared at me, lovingly and I glared at him.

"Ya, why are you glaring at me like that?" he asked while laughing.

"I have no idea. I just don't like people staring, " I giggled.

We ordered our food and while waiting, he tapped my right hand to catch my attention.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Are you and that guy together?" he asked seriously.

"Jung Kook?" I asked.

He nodded his head with a straight face.

"No," I answered.

"You told me just now that you would go out with him every Sunday right? Don't lie, Halla. I bet that he confessed," he teased.

"Alright, alright. Yeah, he did. I could never lie to you, June. But, I said no, we're too young," I told him. He could read my mind since forever.

"Do you like him?" he asked me earnestly.

"I do," I admitted. My hands were shaking.

He sighed and he held my right hand.

"Whatever you do, I'll support you," he said.

"Even if that includes breaking my heart," he whispered. I pretended not to hear.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing," he said.

The food came and we continued talking about other aspects of our lives. Pretending as if we never talked about Jung Kook at all.

-------
Finally updated! I've been busy due to common tests (so glad that it's over)
News! I'm planning to write a new story which is.... KPop OneShot! I have already written a few one shots on my writing pad(and even on my schoolwork lmao) I'm planning to open the story for requests! Yay or nay? Still in process..... Still thinking...
Thanks for reading this! Much love!

Song of the Day: Fly-Got7
(Bambam is such a bias wrecker)