Chapter 15

Halla's POV

It's already 3.05 p.m. but he's not arriving. Is he coming?

Usually, he's early. Did something happen? I decided to give him a call and dialled his number. I was about to press 'CALL' when I heard a loud honk. That scared the shit out of me!

A taxi arrived and the door opened. It was Jung Kook inside.

"Hey, come on in!" He said, smiling brightly.

I hurriedly entered the taxi and sat beside him. I noticed that he brought along a guitar with him, which was placed on the vacant seat.

"Hi, Jung Kook!" I said and gave him a high-5.

"Feeling happy today?" He asked, probably because I was feeling enthusiastic at the moment.

"Nah, not really. I've to tell you something later," I said in a worried tone.

"Sure, I've something to tell you too," he replied.

"Wait, but where are we going?" I asked him, giving him my stare.

"Somewhere special," he winked.

"Don't try to flirt with me, Jung Kook," I teased him.

"Hey, that's just me," he said and laughed.

Jung Kook's POV

She looked pretty as usual with her hair tied up in a ponytail this time. She's wearing a pink T-shirt with light blue jeans along with black shoes. She seemed really tired though.

After about 30 minutes, we finally arrived. I could feel butterflies in my stomach now. I'm nervous for what's going to happen later. Don't think so much about it!

"Jjang~! We are here, Halla!" I said excitedly, dancing randomly after coming out of the taxi.

"Ya, what are you doing? People are looking at you weirdo," she giggled.

Lucky for us, everyone was engrossed in doing their own thing. So, we didn't even have to hide. Anyway, even if we're caught on cameras, I'll say we're friends.

Anyway, we are at the Han River Park!

"We will have a picnic here!" I said loudly.

"I didn't bring food though," she pouted.

"Don't worry, my friend! See this basket that I'm holding? Everything is inside!" I said, showing her the basket which I brought from the dorm.

She gave a small smile and whispered a "Thank You, you're the best!"

Soon, we found a place to sit, after walking around and she took out a mat from the basket. I placed my guitar on the grass. We quickly opened the mat and took out food from the basket. I prepared sandwiches, watermelon slices and potato chips. I brought along two bottles of orange juice as well.

"Thank you so much for this!" She said while munching on potato chips.

"My pleasure, dearest friend," I said, patting her on the head.

We continued eating and gobbling up all the food.

"The food is really nice. I'm so full now," she said.

"That's good."

We were silent for a while. I looked at the surrounding and I was really impressed with the scenery. It's really calming. Nature is certainly beautiful. This is a really nice place to rejuvenate. Sadly, hyungs and I don't even have time to come here often.

I decided to break the silence.

"Halla, you told me that you wanted to tell me something?" I asked her.

"Umm,yeah," she answered hesitantly.
"If you don't feel comfortable about sharing it with me, you don't have to do it," I told her casually.

"I have to say it. It's been bothering me and it concerns you as well. Apparently, my group members are suspecting our relationship," she said and paused.

I kept quiet and looked at her. She took a deep breath and continued.

"MinJu unnie especially thinks that we are together. She got all protective and we had a one to one talk. She questioned me about my feelings for you," she said.

I waited, my heart racing. "And?"

"Of course, I got irritated and told her that we are merely friends," she said, looking sad.

"But,..."

"But?"

"To be honest, I don't know..." she sighed and looked away.

Wait, what? My heart started beating faster than ever.

"Yes, you heard me right, Jung Kook. I'm confused about my feelings for you," she said quietly.

I placed my left hand around her shoulders.

"I'm confused too," I said.

"Thats why I came to see you," I added. She looked at me with curiosity in her eyes. Soon, she looked down again.

We kept quiet for a while. Only the sound of the wind gushing could be heard.

I decided to ease the tension by taking out my guitar from the bag. I started strumming to chords.

"Hey, cheer up. I prepared something else. Here you go," I whispered.

She looked at me and clapped her hands.

I smiled and started singing.

Just one day, if I can be with you
Just one day, if I can hold your hands
Just one day, if I can be with you
Just one day (just one day)

...

If only we can be together
(Do It Do It Do It)
I hope I can be with you for just one day
(Do It Do It Do It)

If only we can be together

Can you please stay with me?

Just One Day - BTS

Throughout the entire song, she was listening earnestly while staring into my soul. Now's the time.

Upon finishing the song, she cheered and clapped.

"That was fantastic! I like your voice," she exclaimed.

I held her right hand and looked her in the eye.

"But, I like you," I confessed.

--------------------

Finally another chapter! So sorry for not updating weekly now :( Super busy with school but I'll be continuing the story till the end, hopefully! Enjoy and thank you so much for reading! Love love my readers!