Rain-Bow Geddit?!

Aki's P.O.V

Walking quickly towards the foot of the Hokage mountain, I panted with the effort.

'Still outta shape,' I sighed, continuing my brisk pace.

The sense I was being followed steadily grew until it was a nagging siren in the back of my mind.

'I can't be bothered to deal with this right now... I'm too excited to wear that damned kimono,' I groaned,
'Ugh, might as well get it over with...'

Sighing begrudgingly, I prepared for the confrontation, drawing my sleek and slender bow.

Suddenly, two scorch marks appeared at the feet of Sasuke Uchiha, who had frozen in his steps.

The bow rested in my left hand, the other arm suspended midair as steam billowed from the string where the light arrows we're just shot.

I only put minimal chakra into the arrows, so they only scorched the surface, but I wanted to warn him, not harm him.

Sasuke soon composed himself, standing straight and placing his hands in his pockets.

"I didn't even realise you'd noticed me," he complimented, although somehow he still made it seem like an insult.

'Must be his voice, I mean, everything he says sounds depressing and snarky. Like he's constantly looking down on everyone before he even knows them.'

I grunted in annoyance,
"what do you want, I'm in a hurry."

He didn't say anything for a while, seeming to have an internal conflict of some kind.

I started to walk away with a 'tut' and a roll of my eyes before he spoke.

"That under-handed trick during our fight..."
He spat, lowering his head, blushing and averting his eyes,
"W-What was it?
I've never seen it before..."
He murmured, blush deepening with every word.

I rose an eyebrow,
'He's been obsessing over that for an entire week?!'

Contemplating whether I should tell him or not, I saw no real danger in revealing this weak jutsu.
I decided to enlighten him, if only to get him to leave me alone.

I smirked cockily,
"You should know, a ninja never reveals his techniques,"
He glowered and was about to give a snarky reply but I interrupted him,
"but since you've obviously been losing sleep after I made a fool out of you, I'll tell you this much:
It's called the 'light refraction jutsu', just a little technique my clan used for kicks to tease our rivals~"

By the end I had already turned and begun to walk away with a wave of dismissal from my hand.

"Tch... I've not been 'losing sleep', and if anyone was made a fool of-- w-wait! Wait a minute!"

I chuckled as I heard his hurried footsteps to catch up and I could imagine his flushed, embarrassed face.

"Which clan? And why did you say 'used'?"

I turned back around with a roll of my eyes,
"isn't it obvious?
I thought you were meant to be smart," I said coyly.

His eyes widened slightly in realisation, "Furasshu... But that still doesn't explain why you said 'used'..."

I sighed exasperatedly, beginning to get irritated,
"Well, usually when people use the past tense, it means something no longer exists," I said patronisingly,
"You wouldn't describe your clan in the present tense for the same reason I wouldn't describe mine."