Adorable Snoring

A:N// (In case you didn't already know, the pictures of the white haired/ red eyed boy are of Aki)
And yes, I know it's Shion from No.6 but he looks cute and happens to look like Aki so NYEEEEEER XP

Naruto's P.O.V.
'I can't believe this!
After all I worked for and we could still be sent back to that damned academy?!'

I sat on the end of my bed, clutching at my hair in frustration.

I left soon after sensei finished briefing us for the survival exercises,
hoping to get an early night so I wouldn't be as tired for our early start tomorrow.
But I've been awake with panic for hours.

'I can't go back...
I won't!
That's a promise!
Believe it!'

Even with my newfound determination, I still couldn't sleep, so I decided to train late into the night...

There was a huge growling noise and it took a while before I realised it was from me.

I was so hungry.

I'd not eaten breakfast, as instructed by Kakashi-sensei, and of course I'd done exhausting exercises all through the night.

So I was tired and extra hungry.

And the worst part?
It's been half an hour and Kakashi is still not here!

Sasuke was here before me and Sakura arrived as I got there.

Suspiciously, Aki was late aswell and I was beginning to wonder if they're both in on some kind of prank, but soon after my thoughts turned to the suspected betrayal, he arrived.

He walked sloppily with sleepy eyes, stretching and yawning.

His eyes had almost fully turned to pastel red now, starting to darken in colour.

They'd started to change soon after he started wearing that kimono...

"Why're you so late Aki-chan?" I called.

He stopped and sat down near me, leaning his back against a tree.

"Kakashi rarely shows up when he's supposed to so I decided to take my time," he mumbled sleepily.

"Well why didn't you tell us?!" I shouted, annoyed.

"Huh?
Oh yeah, probably should've," he said, sheepishly,
Smiling lazily and rubbing the back of his neck.

I sighed, "you're lucky you're my best friend..."

His sloppy grin remained as he held out his arms in an invitation to hug, "forgiven?"

I pretended to be indecisive by holding my chin, appearing deep in thought, but I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face.

We hugged.

"Forgiven," I whisper.

"Well I don't!" Squealed a voice from behind me.

"I didn't have time to even blow-dry my hair!
If I'd known he'd be this late I wouldn't have been so rushed!" Yelled Sakura.

Aki-chan shrugged,
"no use crying over spilt milk.
And anyway, when we were training together he wasn't always late...
So if I'd told you he'd be late and then he isn't we'd all be in trouble instead of just me.

Better to let you guys come on time and give a good impression since I already made mine."

Sakura stared quietly for a moment, thinking it over before nodding subtly.
"Hmph, fair enough..."