Captain

Aki's P.O.V.

I inspected the beautiful scrolls in my palm.

So far I had collected three.

Whenever I completed a puzzle they would appear behind a sliding panel.
A golden scroll, each with its own powerful seal.

I assumed that the treasures were sealed within them, and when my team had collected them all I would break the seals.

'Hmm... The puzzles seem to be designed to coincide with mentality of the Furasshu clan.
Each one of the puzzles appears easy to my thought processes but I've had to help almost all of my teammates over the comms unit...'

In fact, I had just finished helping Lee when I walked into my next challenge.

It was a rectangular room with six pillars spaced around. At the top of each pillar there appeared to be a slot...

Then I noticed the mirrors, each one of them locked behind a little mini puzzle of their own.

"This one appears to use reflecting mirrors..." I muttered.

'Jashin this is gonna be hard...'

Then at the end of the room there was a gem embedded in a golden panel with intricate patterns decorating its circumference.

I scanned the tablet to my left,
'Illuminate the eye of the storm to diffuse the raging waves.'

'Hm... By 'eye' it's referring to the stone I assume... And the beam of light shining on the first pillar must be what I have to reflect... Okay! Simple, I unlock the mirrors and put them in place...'

I froze on my way to the first obstacle.
"Oooooooooor... I could just... You know... Use my powers?"

I facepalmed,
'I need to stop forgetting I can control light.'

I held my hand out towards the white beam from the strategically placed hole in the ceiling.

'Wait a minute... Wasn't it night??!! Where the hell is this light coming from?'

I stood beneath the hole, gazing out through it.

'Whoa... There's something above the temple amplifying the moonlight... So cool!'

Then I realised something:
I couldn't sense the colours around me.

'What the hell?!'

I looked frantically at my palms, trying to manipulate the moonlight that bathed me but to no avail.

'That dome above the temple... It must be controlling the light... I have to no power over it...'

I shrugged, 'oh well, looks like I'll have to do it the old fashioned way..'

When I had solved the first puzzle guarding the first mirror I paused and furrowed my brows.

Through a brief glance at the mirror's surface I could have sworn I saw something on my neck.

"Wait a minute..."

I leaned the mirror against the wall and checked again.

"... What's that on my neck??!!"