Bane Of The Uzumaki

Aki's P.O.V.

Something was off.

Ever since I was little I always had a sixth sense when something fishy was going on, and something definitely didn't add up.

Whether it was aunty Hana, or something the yōsei satsugai-sha said, my senses were tingling.

I just couldn't fathom why people like the yōsei satsugai-sha would go so far to get their hands on Hana.
If they needed a Furasshu, they could've just taken me.

Aunty Hana had something I didn't, and she either couldn't remember, or she wasn't telling us.

But I just couldn't think of aunty doing anything malicious as she looked at me with such heart-felt warmth.

Her eyes shined as I told her about Konoha, she said it sounded just the same as when she was last there.
I was glad she would have at least one thing that was familiar.

I also told her about my life after she enquired,
she seemed so happy to hear about her nephew.

" 'Uzumaki'? Your best friend is an Uzumaki?" She said strangely.

I tilted my head,
"Yes, is there something wrong with that?"

Then she giggled, a delicate and eerie sound,
"The Furasshu and the Uzumaki have had a deep rooted hatred for eons!" She laughed.

I blanched,
" 'Hatred' ?!! B-but why?"

"Well what do you expect? Our clan specialises in seal breaking, whilst the Uzumaki specialise in seal making!
They loathed us, we kept breaking their seals!!" She chortled.

I giggled lightly too, the thought of Naruto being able to cast expert seals bringing a laugh to my lips.

"They kept making tougher and tougher seals, trying to make one we couldn't break, and they were really excellent at it!
Some of the seals they made took our clan decades to crack, and the rivalry just grew stronger until members of our clan couldn't cross each other in the street without an all-out brawl!
But the Furasshu clan were really the bane of the Uzumaki, their one true obstacle..."

Her eyes grew a sadness within them that confused me, it was a bitter and cold and made my heart ache to comfort her.

"I guess the Furasshu and the Uzumaki can get along after all," I said gently.

She smiled at me, but her eyes still held the bitterness I saw before, and this time there was a hint of stronger emotion behind her soft gaze.... Envy?

"We've got a plan," Izumi said next to my ear, making me jump again.

"Do you really need to sneak up on your own squad?" I said exasperatedly.

" 'Do you really need to sneak up on your own squad'... What??" She said with her strange voice again.

I sighed,
"Captain."

"Yes, private, yes I do."

Hana giggled.

"This is captain Izumi, are we all in position?" A voice crackled.

"Hai, Bino confirmed in position."