Assigning Blame

Aki's P.O.V

I clutched my head in horror.

Naruto was on a rampage...
And it was my fault.

The burst of chakra that I used to create the flash had spread to everything in the area, including Naruto.
My reckless use of chakra caused the seal to loosen and the monster within to be partially exposed.

This is what I was afraid of.
Failing Naruto, and destroying everything I cared about because I couldn't control my powers.

'So much for fighting hard to be able to remain his friend,' I thought bitterly,
'I promised I wouldn't let this happen so that Naruto won't be alone.

Looks like my resolve isn't worth shit.

I couldn't control myself,

I couldn't protect Naruto,

I couldn't protect Sasuke,

I couldn't protect my mother...

And I certainly don't deserve to be their friends.
I can't even control my chakra after spending the entire week training to do so.

And now, because of me, people will get hurt.

My friends will be hurt because I couldn't do my sole job.

Protecting those I love...'

My bangs over-shadowed my eyes and my lithe frame shook.

"No...
NO!!!"

I placed Sasuke's body back onto the surface of the bridge, standing to survey the scene.

Naruto had smashed the mirrors with ease and was now beating Haku to a bloody pulp.

"I won't allow this to happen," I told myself.
"If my damn chakra can sneak it's way into things then I will take it back out again."

Naruto was going to deliver the finishing blow, his face was rabid and feral.

I flashed in front of him, staring into his red, unfocused gaze.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAH!!"

I didn't recognise him, he was completely different...

I held his shoulders, directing his directionless eyes towards my face.

With his attention fully on me, I reached my hand to his stomach, never breaking our eye contact.

I could feel it.
I could feel the warmth of my chakra riddled throughout the seal.

"Aki!! What are you doing?!! Get your hand away from the seal!!" Kakashi screamed in desperation, fear dancing in his eyes.
"You'll kill everyone! STOP!!!!"

I tuned him out.

I remembered the feeling everytime I built up my chakra and expelled it.
It was a warm sensation, rejuvenating, relieving.

All I had to do was feel the opposite.

I remembered looking into the eyes of Zabuza as my mother clutched me tight to her chest.
Those mad, mad eyes.
The insanity, the coldness I felt.

I curled into her chest, willing the world to surround me like a cocoon and protect me.

It was this feeling that I forced onto myself, drawing in the world like a blanket.

I felt my chakra flowing towards my palm, instead of the warmth of return I expected, the chakra felt like ice.
It was tainted by the evil of the fox.