Full-Body Examination

A:N// ohohohohohohohooooo, you shippers are gonna like this....

Aki's P.O.V.

I slid my eyes open lazily to a white ceiling.

'Everything hurts.'

I groaned and turned onto my side, staring at the door with a troubled expression.

Then a heavy blush spread across my cheeks,
'I can't believe I did that!!'

My mind drifted back to the battle between Gaara and Lee.
I remembered how awful I felt, not knowing who to cheer for and feeling pain within my chest whenever one of them was hurt.

Lee was my friend, despite the hell he and Guy put me through.
They only had my best interests in mind, and they've never shown me any malice.
So when I saw the attack Gaara was about to do, I panicked.

I needed to save Lee from that fate, even if it meant hurting Gaara.

So I used my flash bind jutsu to move quick enough that no one would notice me.

I was determined to stop Gaara, but when I arrived at his side and stared into his wild eyes, I just couldn't bear to harm him.

I had no idea what to do, there was no way I could communicate to him without people noticing, my mind raced for an answer as his hand was slowly moving outward.

With my heart hammering against my ribcage, I shut my eyes tightly and moved myself forward, following my instincts.

When I opened my eyes, I found my lips on his and my hand caressing his face.

I pulled back quickly with wide eyes.

'What was that!!?'

I saw his feral eyes clear and widen in an instant, all the malice vanishing from his body.
He will have felt the slightest flutter of a touch, hopefully enough to surprise him into stopping the attack.

So I returned to my position, only this time my cheeks were burning fiercely.

And now I lay between the crisp, white sheets of the hospital bed, aching all over and blushing madly.

I sat up shakily, rubbing the weariness out of my eyes.

As my senses began to sharpen, I sensed another presence in the room.

"W-who's th-- GAH!"

As I leapt up to get into a fighting stance, my tired legs easily got tangled in the blankets, casing me to fall clumsily off the bed.

But instead of the cold, harsh floor meeting my face, I landed in something soft and writhing.

'...sand?? Oh Jashin... That can only mean one thing.'

"H-hello Gaara," I squeaked as he walked out of the shadows.

"You're finally awake..." He mumbled.

His sand manoeuvred me back into my bed, pulling up the sheets around me as he pulled up a chair and sat by me.

"You shouldn't be moving around," he said quietly.

I smiled a small smile, sheepishly.
"How long was I out?"

He glanced at the clock on the wall,
"Two days."

I sweatdropped, 'and you needed to look at a clock for that?!'

I cleared my throat nervously,
"And how long have you been here?"

He glanced back at the clock, pausing briefly,
"... 47 hours...
they wouldn't let me in until visiting times started so..."