Recruiting

Aki's P.O.V.

I rose an eyebrow as I crawled back to the comforts of my hospital bed, leaning against the headboard.

"I would gladly fulfil any tasks needed of me, Hokage-sama," I said respectfully.

He nodded,
"Recently, numerous temples have been discovered around the lands of fire.

I've already sent a number of squads with seal breaking specialists within the ranks to 'unlock' the temple and recover any treasure that might be there.

But another, smaller temple has been uncovered, and unfortunately, seal breaking specialists are few and far between, and none will ever be able to match up to your calibre at seal breaking of course.

The point is, I have no available ninja to send on this mission to uncover the new temple.

Since you didn't reveal all your jutsu during the pre-lim match, there really is no need for you to train and learn new techniques...

So, Aki, I ask of you:
Would you please accept this mission to unseal the temple's secrets?"

He paused briefly, scanning my face for any inclination to my choice.

"If you agree," he continued,
"You can select your own team from these leaf ninja who have consented to a mission during the one month break."

He handed me a file.

"Unfortunately, that wouldn't include your own team since they need to train..."

I looked at all the faces on the page, recognising almost all of them immediately.

"These are all leaf genin..."

He nodded,
"I thought it would make you more comfortable to be around people you know..."

I looked into his kind eyes worriedly,
"What about when I need to break a seal? How do I explain to them how I can do it?"

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath,
"That's why they are all people you know, people you would be able to trust..."

Then he looked straight into my eyes,
"And you told me I could trust you right? Prove it to me," he said with a soft laugh.

I nodded with a determined grin.
"I accept the mission, Hokage-sama."

We both turned as we heard a knock at the door.

"Enter," the Hokage grunted.

The door slid open to reveal a tall man with a cloth covering part of his face like a curtain. He had a marks across his cheeks and his expression was deadly serious.

He bowed, "Hokage-sama."

"Yes?" Hiruzen questioned.

As I looked closer, I recognised him as the jônin leader of Gaara's team.

"I've heard that you've been planning a mission to the Tsuki temples..." He said with his gruff voice.

"Indeed that is true, Aki here just accepted the mission as a matter of fact." The Hokage replied.

"Has the rest of the team already been selected?" The sand jônin asked with a glint of anticipation in his eyes.