2: Memory

Playlist:

Octahate ~ Ryne Weaver

Only if for a Night ~ Florence + the Machine

Cobrastyle ~ Teddy Bears

Anna was hanging out with Allison and Lydia tonight. The Argents had moved into an apartment upon their return from France and Lydia and Anna were helping their best friend chose the color for her room. Derek had taken Isaac to his loft and we spent the day trying to find out what he knew. Or rather what he remembered. Derek and I didn't agree on a tactic. Derek was aggressive, big surprise, while I was gentler about my tactics. I even tried my memory ability, but found Derek's aggressiveness kept breaking my concentration. Which caused me to snap at the Alpha and Isaac ended up suggesting we try again tomorrow. I fixed myself dinner and waited for Anna to get home.

"You didn't have to wait on me," she said. "But I'm glad you're still up." She plopped down on the couch next to me.

"Why? What's up?"

"After you left with Stiles, I went with Allison and Lydia to Allison's locker and this girl comes up asking for Scott. She knew who Allison was and then she grabbed Allison and Lydia's arms and bruised them. We later noticed that the bruises looked like mirror images of each other." She took a pen and paper from her bag and drew the pattern of the bruises and handed it to me. My eyebrows knit together. "What is it?"

"It looks like the Celtic elemental symbol, but I've seen this somewhere. I just can't place where."

~~~

Derek had decided to try old-fashioned Memory Transference and we both only knew one werewolf in town that could do it. The problem was none of us truly trusted him, with the exception of my sister, and he was still a bit lacking on the abilities department, thus I had my doubts about this working. Isaac wasn't too keen on the idea of having claws in the back of his neck again. He was pacing back and forth in front of the large window that spanned the entire wall, arching at the top. Derek was sitting in a chair next to a table, a book in his hand while I sat on the spiral staircase that lead to the roof. I want a staircase like this. It's pretty awesome.

"Will you stop pacing," I finally said after Isaac's five hundredth turn. "You're making me nervous."

"You know, I'm starting to not like this idea," he said, continuing to pace. "Sounds kinda dangerous."

"So was accepting the Bite."

Derek gave me a look and I just grinned at him.

"You know what? I definitely don't like this idea. And I definitely don't like him."

"You'll be fine," Derek sighed.

"Does it have to be him? Why can't we do that memory thing Trish tried again?"

"We could but Derek would probably have to leave the building."

I earned another Derek look.

"He knows how to do it. I don't," Derek said.

"Make this a learning experience," I quipped. Derek ignored me. I was getting far too used to that.

"Be more dangerous if I tried doing it myself."

I managed to keep the quip about him taking on Alphas by himself to myself. He ended up in my basement for several days healing. Isaac finally stopped pacing and began playing with the back of another chair.