5: Coup de Main Disaster

Playlist:

Rise Above This ~ Seether

My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark ~ Fall Out Boy

ANNA

I sat in the backseat of Allison's car. Allison was driving and Lydia was in the passenger seat. We were all quiet. Trish had told me about what happened the night before. As usual, she was in the middle of one of Derek's aggressive plans. Thinking about Derek caused a pang of pain in my chest. I was sitting in this car because Peter wanted to be alone. I'd rather have been with Peter and Cora. Or with my sister. Trish really didn't need to be alone right now. She was taking all of this really hard, worse than when Josh died. Add on the fact that she was coming down with the flu, it made for a very emotionally unstable Trish. I assumed it was the flu, Trish was the strongest person I knew. I rarely saw her cry, but what happened last night devastated her. Just like Peter's death had devastated me. Lydia looked back at me as I put my head against the window and watched the scenery go by.

"Are you okay, Anna?" she asked.

"I don't know," I admitted. "I really don't know if Trish will be either." I looked at Lydia. "I can't believe he's dead. I mean, he's survived everything else thrown at him." I looked back out the window. "I just can't believe Derek is dead." We rode in silence for a good few miles. I may have hated him after he killed Peter, but he was like a brother to Trish. He shouldn't have died like he did. And not in front of Trish.

"Am I getting too close?" Allison suddenly asked, breaking through my thoughts.

I looked up. We were following the bus holding the track team, which happened to include Scott, Stiles, Isaac, and Boyd. Along with one of the Alpha Twins, Ethan.

"I'm getting way too close, aren't I?" Allison was right on top of the bus and I gave her an amused look.

"That depends," Lydia answered, twirling a strand of strawberry blond hair. "Are you just following the bus or are you planning on mounting it at some point?"

I let out a laugh, the first one since Trish had told me about Derek's death, right before breaking down in the middle of the living room.

"Yeah, I should back off."

"Good decision," I quipped.

"Well, that also depends. Do you mean the bus or the ex-boyfriend you're currently stalking?"

"After what happened, I'm not letting him out of my sight." We both looked at Allison. "By the way, this all started when he came knocking at my door."

"For what?"

TRISH

2 DAYS BEFORE

"And you need me here why?" I asked.

"For advice," Derek said. "Why else?"

"Are you going to listen to that advice?"

"Possibly."

I rolled my eyes. Blueprints were spread all over the table. Derek, Peter, Boyd, Cora, and I were leaned over them. "What are we looking at?"