Interlude

Playlist:

War Part 1 ~ Former Vandal

Scott's dad has decided to stick around and Scott isn't too pleased about that. There's a lot of anger there, as much anger as I have with my own father. I haven't told Anna about Deucalion's cryptic words about him and I'm hoping that I won't have to. She has enough to deal with.

Anna and I are much closer. She's told me about a new talent she discovered several weeks earlier, self-healing. I'm starting to think my sister is a supernatural like me and Mom, but I have no idea what she could be. I've been researching in my bestiary but nothing has really jumped out at me at what my little sister could be.

Stiles and his dad seem to be closer now that the sheriff knows what we do and what most of us are. I see them at BeaconBurger a lot and they seem to have that relationship they had before Stiles was sucked into the supernatural world.

Allison and her father have decided to become Eamonns themselves, in a way. They no longer hunt those that hunt us, they now protect those that cannot protect themselves. A good Code, I think. A much better one.

It turned out that Jennifer hadn't killed the Twins after all. Ethan and Aiden used their Alpha sparks to split from each other. Anna, Cora, and Lydia had rushed them to Alan, who raced to save them, while Derek, Scott, and I were faced off with Deucalion and Jennifer. I haven't seen them but I've been told that Derek wasn't the only Alpha to become a Beta.

Speaking of Jennifer, after pulling the Guardians, Stiles, Allison, and Isaac out of the partially collapsed root cellar, Scott, Derek, and I went back to the distillery. Only to find Jennifer's body gone. The wolves didn't even bother to try to track her down and I really didn't care if she managed to survive again and escape. I just know if she shows back up in Beacon Hills again, I will kill her myself. Not just because of her sacrifices, but because of what she did to Derek. I like to keep my promises.

With Scott the new Alpha, Isaac immediately joined his pack, which did not surprise me in the slightest. He'd been acting like an Alpha since the Kanima first appeared and with Isaac following his lead so much as it was, I was not surprised the Beta made it official. Scott has also welcomed me in it as well, saying he's always considered me a part of his pack, and has a place for Derek if he returns.

I was glad that Scott didn't ask me to be his Emissary, a role that had been filled by Alan from the time Scott was bitten. Or at least a full moon afterward. I wasn't as good at it as I thought I'd be, but I did have a hard-headed Alpha. I'm happy just being the pack Eamonn.

I cannot get Deucalion's words about my father out of my head and they have me curious. I haven't seen or heard from him for sixteen years. Anna probably doesn't even remember him. If he didn't abandon the family willingly, then why did he?