11: Sacrifice

Playlist:

Numb ~ Linkin Park

Brave Enough ~ Clannad with Duke Special

Femme Fatale ~ Two Steps From Hell

When I regained consciousness, I opened my eyes to see Stiles, who was shaking me. He had a look of panic on his face.

"I would really like to stop waking up to seeing your face after being knocked out," I said.

"Are you okay?"

"I will be." I looked around. And saw we were alone. "Oh, no," I breathed. "She took Melissa."

Stiles helped me to my feet. "Scott left with Deucalion and I think she did something to Derek."

"What!? Why would Scott leave with Deucalion? What do you mean she did something to Derek?"

"I watched him leave with him myself. I think Deucalion promised to help get his mom and my dad back. Come on, Derek is out cold in the elevator right now." He led me back down the stairs and to the elevator, where Derek was indeed out cold. "We have to wake him up before the cops get here."

"Derek!" I shook him and Stiles started slapping him as hard as he could.

"Derek? Come on!"

"Derek, wake up!" I was reminded of when he'd passed out from the Nordic Blue poisoning. "Come on!" I was really wishing I had a dog whistle at this moment. I saw Stiles' fist come down and Derek's eyes shot open and his own hand shot up, grabbing Stiles' forearm. "Oh, thank God!"

Derek looked disoriented as he looked around. "Where is she?" he whispered.

"Jennifer?" Stiles asked.

"She kicked my ass and took Melissa," I said.

"She took her?"

"That's what I said, isn't it?"

"If that's not enough of a kick to the balls," Stiles added. "Scott left with Deucalion, okay? So we gotta get you outta here. The police are coming right now and we gotta get you the hell outta here."

I helped Derek into a sitting position.

"Whoa," Derek protested. "What about Cora?"

"She's in the Argents' car with Peter and Isaac," I said. "Stiles and I are going to stay behind and deal with the police. I'll meet you back at the loft. Just get out of here."

Derek nodded and took off down the hall.

"Got any ideas?" Stiles asked as Derek disappeared.

"We were stuck in the elevator the entire time."

"Sounds good. Nice and simple."

~~~

Stiles and I sat in the ER waiting room, cops running around the place. A man then walked in and looked right at us as he spoke to a deputy. He was tall with dark hair. And personally, he kinda reminded me of Scott.

Stiles suddenly sighed. "Just perfect."

The man walked over to us, a lanyard with his FBI ID around his neck. "A Stilinski at the center of this whole mess," he said. "What a shocker."