10: Darach

Playlist:

Faster ~ Within Temptation

Hero ~ Skillet

With the sudden violent storm rolling in, Melissa and I were busy. They were evacuating the hospital, Beacon Hills Memorial's electrical and backup generators were much too old to sustain all the patients here. High risks and criticals were being taken to the surrounding hospitals. The rest were being discharged and sent home. I ran right into Derek's chest after loading a patient in one of the ambulances. I was soaked after that brief trip outside, it was pouring so hard.

"Damn it, Derek!" I cried.

"I just got an emergency call from Scott. He thinks he knows who the Darach is. Peter's here with Cora. Let me know if she's being moved to another hospital."

"You know I will. Tom, get them away from the windows!"

"Trish! I need you over here," Melissa called.

Derek was on the other side of the doors when I looked back towards him. A tree limb went through a window and a doctor and the patent he was trying to get away from said window gave surprised cries.

Melissa was giving instructions to the other nurses. "Okay, all medications should be sealed inside the plastic bags," she shouted to be heard over the scream of the wind. "And the patients carry it in their hands. When you've completely evacuated the room, you mark the door with a red X, okay?" She handed the red tape in her hand to one of the nurses.

A doctor ran towards us. "What the hell is going on?" he asked. "The weather called for mild thunderstorms this morning."

"And now they're saying power is already out in several towns. Hill Valley's under a flood watch."

"I live in Hill Valley."

"Are your patients clear?"

He checked the clipboard in his hand. "All except for Cora Hale."

"I'll take care of Cora," I said. "Get out of here while you still can." I darted towards the elevator, Melissa right behind me.

"Why is Cora here?" Melissa asked.

"Head trauma." I wasn't going to tell her the real reason with two more nurses in the elevator with us.

We headed to Cora's room and I heard Peter shout. "Hey, anyone gonna tell me when they're getting my niece outta here?"

Melissa went around the corner, looking at the chart, obviously assuming some other Hale relative was in the room. We hadn't told her that Peter was back.

"Sorry, but she wasn't...," She looked up and saw Peter. "Uh."

Peter stepped back to where his face was in shadow. I went into the room to check on Cora.

"You're supposed to be dead."

"I get that a lot actually," Peter quipped. He looked at me. "I take it you forgot to tell her."

"Yep. Sorry." I checked her over. "She's getting worse." My eyebrows knit together. "Just like I was."

"Do you think she was poisoned?"

"It's possible."

Cora suddenly gasped and leaned over the bed, vomiting black blood and white berries.