20: Bad Idea, Worst Plan

Playlist:

The Fire ~ Former Vandal

Change ~ Deftones

Ghost of Me ~ Daughtry

I opened the door to see Scott. I stepped aside so he could come in. I could tell something was wrong.

"What's wrong?"

He looked at me and I could tell he was hurting. His eyes were distraught and I could see he was fighting tears. The whole thing with Stiles, his best friend, his brother, was wearing on him.

"What happened?"

"Stiles...," He all but collapsed on my couch and I sat next to him. Anna, I assume she felt his emotions, came bounding down the stairs. "Stilinski took him to Eichen House."

"What?" I couldn't believe that Stilinski would put him in a mental institution. "They're not going to be able to help him. Especially if the nogitsune regains control." If Void regained his foothold in Stiles, people were going to get hurt. And not even the special closed unit would be able to hold him.

"Why would the sheriff put him in Eichen House?" Anna asked. "We can't help him in there! He's not crazy."

I could tell Anna was upset.

"Stiles said he wanted to go," Scott said.

"That's where Barrow was! Void got to Barrow there! And he'll get to Stiles again there too!"

"I don't know how to help him in there. I don't know what to do," Scott put his head in his hands.

I put my hand on Scott's back. "I know a doctor there that is well versed in the supernatural. I can ask him to keep an eye on Stiles without telling him what is going on."

I didn't really want to involve Dr. Fenris. His obsessiveness with werewolves cost him a promising career. He now worked at Eichen House, the only medical facility that would hire him. I didn't want him focusing that obsession on the monster within Stiles. The less Dr. Fenris knew, the better.

Scott looked up at me. "Trish, Stiles told me if we couldn't find a way to help him to make sure he never gets out."

~~~

Anna was still upset when I left to meet Alan. When I walked in Scott was already there with Allison. We were expecting a call from Chris.

"You're just in time," Alan said as the phone started ringing. "Dr. Deaton."

Everyone there? Chris asked.

"Trish, Allison, and Scott."

Good. Did you have any trouble with Ikeda?

"Only minor. The white wolf was exactly where you said it would be. But we have two problems now. First, the lichen is not a cure. It'll wear off in a matter of days."

But while it does work, the Oni won't go after Stiles, right?

"I hope. Eichen House has an unusual history. It might not be all that safe for the Oni there as well."

"Yet we allowed Stiles to go there. Brilliant," I muttered.

Scott put a hand on mine. He could tell I was as happy about it as he was.