14: The Coyote

Playlist:

Flaws ~ Bastille

Stand ~ Rascal Flatts

Catch Me If You Can ~ Teen Wolf Score

I was awake now. "What?"

My dad is trying to get Stiles' dad impeached, so we went out to the car wreck to see if I could somehow get a lock on Malia's scent to see where the coyotes had dragged her or see if there was evidence of a werewolf attack.

"Like Stilinski was suspecting?"

Yeah. We found claw marks on the door. They were too far apart to be from a natural animal. Something growled at us and I chased it. It turned out to be a coyote.

"Are you saying Malia is a werecoyote?"

I glowed my eyes at her and she glowed her eyes back. They were bright blue.

"Like Derek and Peter bright blue?"

Yeah. I think Malia caused the accident and when she survived she ran off and somehow got trapped in the body of a coyote.

"I didn't think that was possible." I got out of bed and went over to the desk I had laid my bestiary on. "I'll research it, but I'm not sure I'll be able to find any more answers."

Thanks.

I sighed as I hung up. If I couldn't find anything in the bestiary, I was going to have to go to the walking bestiary that took the shape of my vet friend and Scott's Emissary.

~~~

My research only yielded a line or two about werewolf evolution, a fairly rare event according to my bestiary, but no details. And it didn't mention anything about shape-shifters becoming trapped in a shift like Scott was theorizing. I was ready to bang my head on a wall. But first, I was going to have to talk to Alan. I grabbed my keys and my phone just as my phone started ringing.

"Hello?'

She was at the school. Anna said in a low voice. Malia was here.

"I take it Scott told you about the coyote?"

Yeah. She went after Kira.

"Who's Kira?"

The girl that told us about Bardo. Stiles had a panic attack during class and Scott had to take him out of class. They left their bags and Kira and I went looking for them. I had Scott's and she had Stiles'. She was in the hallway and charged us. Kira ran into the locker room and she went after Kira. Scott ran Malia off. Stiles apparently took a doll from the wreck thinking that Scott could use it to track her and I think that's what Malia was after.

"It was in Stiles' bag, wasn't it?"

Yeah. What do we do? Tate's gonna kill his own daughter if we don't do something to stop him or figure out how to change her back.

"I'm heading to the clinic right now. Maybe Alan and I can come up with something." Things were getting complicated and quickly.

~~~

Scott, Stiles, Isaac, and Anna met me at the clinic. We were coming up with a plan to catch Malia in order to keep Tate from killing her that involved tranquilizer. Scott had texted Allison to see if she had a rifle that could shoot it. Not surprisingly, she did. Alan returned from the back with three small bottles in his hand. He held one up.