18: Stiles

Playlist:

Dance with the Devil ~ Breaking Benjamin

You Found Me ~ The Fray

Pieces ~ Red

"Should I start getting used to middle-of-the-night calls again?" I asked. "Or have you turned into my personal alarm clock?"

It's Stiles! Something's wrong with Stiles! Scott was in panic mode. I need your help to find him, please!

"Hey, slow down. What happened?" I changed into the pair of jeans I had tossed on the floor when I changed into my pajamas, not bothering to change out of the tank top.

I don't know! He called me and said he was hurt. He thinks he's in a basement of some kind. Just meet me at his house.

"Okay."

I threw on my tennis shoes and a jacket and ran out of the house. Melissa told me yesterday that the day we ended up fighting off the Oni protecting Scott, Kira, and Anna, Stiles had come to the hospital seeking help. His panic attacks were getting worse, he wasn't sleeping and he was sleepwalking again. He hadn't done any of that since Claudia died. It had been years since he'd experienced any of them. I feared his door was still open and these were the side effects. Until Melissa told me his mother had suffered the same symptoms. It scared me to think that Stiles could be going through the same thing Claudia had. Melissa had made me promise her that I wouldn't say anything to anyone. Especially to Stilinski and Scott. When I arrived, I saw Lydia's car in the driveway and Scott and Isaac rushing inside. But the Jeep was missing.

"Don't ask," Aiden was saying when I came into earshot. "It gets more confusing when you ask."

"Okay," Scott whispered.

"Not as confusing as this," Lydia said, turning back towards Stiles' room as I joined them. A pair of scissors was stabbed into Stiles' bed, red yarn coming from various pictures on the wall and tied to the scissors.

"What the hell...," I muttered.

"He uses red for unsolved cases," Lydia explained.

"Maybe he thinks he's part of an unsolved case?" Aiden suggested.

"Or is an unsolved case," Isaac suggested.

"Then why does he have everything on his wall pointing to him?" I asked.

"I don't know." Lydia then turned to us. "Hold on. Is he still out there? You don't know where he is?"

"He said he's in an industrial basement somewhere," Scott said.

"We came here to get a better scent," Isaac added

"What else did he say?"

"Something's wrong with his leg. It's bleeding," Scott said.

"That's why you called me," I concluded.

"Yeah."

"And he's freezing," Isaac added.

"Tonight's the coldest night of the year," Aiden said. "It's going to drop into the 20's."

"What did his dad say?" Lydia asked.