22: De-Void

Playlist:

Lost in the Echo ~ Linkin Park

Beautiful Crime ~Tamer

Stitches ~ Shawn Mendes

"You want to handcuff me?"

Chris, Allison, Derek, and I were standing outside Derek's loft, Sheriff Stilinski and Stiles inside. But the question was, was the boy inside the loft actually Stiles or Void?

"If my son is still here, if there's still a part of him standing here in front of me, then he'll put these on willingly and he'll come with me, because he knows I'm here to protect him from himself and from others." There was a pause and I heard the click of handcuffs. There was another long pause. "You are not my son." It was spoken in a whisper.

I heard something hit the floor and Chris nodded. He and Allison walked through first, followed by Derek and I. Allison aimed the stun gun at Stiles and fired. Stiles caught the prongs with a speed I'd only ever seen in a werewolf. The electricity didn't faze him. Void pulled the gun out of Allison's hand. Derek roared and attacked. Void blocked and twisted his arm behind him. He then slammed Derek's head into the table, which had been moved to the side, before throwing him several feet into one of the posts. Derek landed hard.

"Derek!" I ran to his side.

Derek coughed, the blow having knocked the breath out of him. Then I heard the familiar click of a gun cocking. We both looked up to see Chris holding his .45 at Void. Void turned and faced Chris.

"Chris," I said slowly, rising. "What are you doing?"

"Argent, listen to me," Stilinski said. "Don't do this."

"Why not? I've done it before."

I slowly moved to stand between Void and Chris.

"Werewolves, Berserkers. I can easily add a nogitsune to that list. Don't even think about getting in the way, Trish."

I kept moving. Stilinski raised his own gun and pointed it at Chris.

Oh, shit. was my only thought.

"You're not going to shoot my son," Stilinski said.

"You said it yourself, Sheriff."

I was now completely standing between Void Stiles and Chris.

"That's not your son. Move out of the way, Trish."

"No." I was having déjà vu. The last time I was in this position, I was protecting Allison from Peter's wrath after he killed Kate.

"Put it down," Stilinski ordered. My eyes did not leave Chris'. Chris didn't move. "Put it down."

"Dad, he's going to shoot me," Void Stiles said. "He's going to kill me, Dad."

"Don't listen. Move, Trish."

"Or what? You'll shoot me too?" My eyes changed.

"Put it down. Now! Do it!"

"Trish," I heard Derek warn but I was not budging.

"Put it down!"

"Pull the trigger," Void taunted. "Come on." The look on Chris' face changed. He didn't look quite so determined now. "Push the Eamonn out of the way and shoot me."