3: Sacrifice

Playlist:

Into Dust ~ Mazzy Star

Try ~ P!nk

Chronicles of a Fallen Love ~ Bloody Beatroots and Greta Svabo Bech

"Derek's sister is the girl in the vault?" Stiles asked for the third time.

"Yes, Stiles!" I screamed, my patience running out. "His sister! His younger sister! The sister we thought died in the fire with the rest of the family!"

Peter put his hand on my arm. "Anna," he whispered.

"Sorry."

Peter looked distressed. "Derek won't kill her," he said. "Not his own sister. But with Cora unable to control herself...," he trailed off. He was worried that Cora and Derek would end up ripping each other apart. So was I. I jumped when Stiles phone went off.

"Scott?" He breathed a sigh of relief, then looked horrified. "What do you mean, they got out?" He held the phone away from his ear.

Exactly that, Stiles! They got away from us!

"You don't have to yell. I was just getting clarification. Well, I'm not planning on going into the Preserve any time soon. Just keep me updated. Hey, be careful, man, okay?"

"So Boyd and Cora are wandering around the Preserve?" I asked.

"Scott said that Allison broke a Mountain Ash seal in the vault and Boyd and Cora took off."

"Why was Allison at the bank?" I wondered.

"I don't know. Scott and Derek are trying to track them." His phone rang again. "Lydia." I could have sworn the color drained from his face. "What? Where? I'm coming." He turned to us. "Lydia found a body at the public pool."

"Go with Stiles, Anna," Peter said, standing. "I'm going to see if I can help Derek and Scott track Boyd and Cora."

I nodded and Stiles and I went to his Jeep. I'd rode with Stiles anyway.

~~~

When we got to the pool, we jumped out of the Jeep and ran towards Lydia, Stiles calling her name. She was freaked out. Oh, I should explain. I'd been feeling what others were feeling since the beginning of the Kanima incident. Over the summer, it had gotten stronger and Trish told me I had developed an empathy ability, meaning I could sense what others were feeling.

"Lydia, are you okay?" Stiles asked.

"I'm... I'm okay. That, over there...," She pointed at the lifeguard stand. "Not okay."

I shrieked when I saw the bloody body.

"Jeez!" Stiles said, rubbing his ear. "Have you been taking lessons from Lydia?"

"Sorry."

Stiles looked up at the lifeguard. "Yeah, alright. I'm gonna call my dad."

"I already called 911," Lydia informed him.

"You called the police before you called me?"

"Um, isn't that what you're supposed to do when you find a dead body?" I asked.