Running Far, Far Away...

The goat creature lead the two of you into the house. You were extremely uncomfortable. She showed you a room that reminded you of a child's room, and asked you to stay there for a short time while she prepared something. The smile she wore gave you a strange sense of fear, but you appreciated a room. Looking around, you spotted a small bed, various toys, a backpack in the corner, and a box full of shoes of every size and style. Finding a pair in your size, you take them and put them on, as yours were ruined. They were a comfy pair of boots, and you smiled. Grabbing the backpack and slipping it on, you grabbed a couple pairs of pants and shirts, stuffing them in the bag. Who knew when you'd get another chance like this, to gather clothes and stuff? Who knew how long you'd be here? It was lucky a lot of them could fit you, seeing that a lot of them were for people a lot smaller than you. Kids, maybe? Various types, sizes, etc. Flowey looked around nervously. "It's weird that she has all these different clothes. I don't like this." You noted with another glance around.

"She's not good. The exit that leads out of the Ruins is in her basement." Flowey explained, slowly moving up your arm so his head was resting on your shoulder and his stem was still around your arms. "Let's get out of here. Maybe snag some food too? It would be good for you." He suggested as you both moved through the house. You could smell something being cooked, but it almost smelled like... It was burning?

Curious, you wander around until you discover a kitchen. Toriel was in there, making something, and humming. That seemed odd, she was so intimidating and yet she hummed like it was nothing. It made you smile a little. That's when she noticed your presence and turned around with a smile. That same smile that put you on edge. "Have you looked around the house to your liking? It's small, but I hope you enjoy it. I have made a pie for you as well. It's... Snail pie!" She said cheerfully, showing off the disgusting pie. You made a face, and her entire demeanor changed. "You idiot brat, I have brought you into my home. I made you food, and I allowed you to take clothing. I have not killed you yet. You should be thankful, not making a face like that." She growled out, and you flinched back. She gave an evil smile, waltzing into the main room with the pie in hand. You followed quietly, taking note of how this room looked.

There was a table and a few chairs. A bookcase with many torn or burnt books, a few books left mostly intact. The fire in the fireplace looked violent, so you stayed away from it. The only truly comforting thing in the room was a comfortable chair in the room by the fireplace. There were vases of dead flowers, and that made Flowey nervous. He never spoke in front of Toriel. Weird. She set up the table, and obviously expected you to eat at least a slice. You tried, and made another face. The dark look on her face was all you needed before you scarfed down the disgusting slice, out of fear. Tears stung your eyes from the horribleness of the pie, but it made Toriel smile cruelly. "Now, my child, I will assume you want to leave. To go home?" She asked. Flowey looked at you with great concern, almost seeming to try and tell you not to fall for this. You mean, you're not stupid. You know it's a trap. It was also the closest you'd get to leaving without having to fight or kill. Maybe you can slip out.

You nodded quickly. "Y-Yes, do you know how I can leave?" You asked nervously, treading this water carefully. Her smile, yet again, was creeping you out.

"Come with me, then." She motioned for you to follow her, down the stairs. You did so, and Flowey's stem tightened around your arm.

"I-I don't like this." Flowey whispered in your ear. You hushed him, patting his petals softly with a reassuring smile.

"It'll be okay." You said with confidence. Toriel lead you down a long hallway, and stopped in front of the door at the end.

"You know, you brat. I need only one more soul. One more human soul. Then, I can leave these cursed Ruins, reclaim my throne as queen! Your life is the only thing standing in the way of that right now. You came so close to leaving, and yet... Here you are. Now, you die." A fireball formed in her hand and she threw it at you, to which you screeched and dived to the side. She was attacking you! You couldn't fight back at all. You refused to fight back. "JUst DIE yoU BraT!" Her voice seemed to change to something much darker, much scarier, and it made you shake in fear and panic. For the first time, Flowey spoke in her presence.

"Run for it, Frisk! Get the door!"

So you ran for the door, and slammed into it. Toriel's clawed hand dug into your shoulder, making you scream out in pain. You shoved against her, and the door, and finally got the door open. You rushed through it, and the door slammed shut behind you. You heard Toriel screaming in anguish, having lost her chance to leave the Ruins. You were overcome with grief, and guilt. You felt horrible. Sinking to the ground in front of the door and leaning back against it, you sighed heavily. You then realized you grabbed no food and groaned.

"You made it." Flowey said with a weak, but reassuring smile. "When you weren't looking, and when Toriel wasn't looking... I grabbed a small amount of food and gold." He admitted shyly. "Even though she scares the hell out of me."

You laughed, hugging your only friend in this dark and scary world. "Thanks, Flowey." You stood, and winced. Your shoulder hurt a ton. Looking at you, it made you cringe even more. It didn't look too good to you. Digging through the backpack, you picked one of the precious few shirts you snagged and tore it sightly, with the intent to wrap your shoulder to help at least somewhat. Satisfied with your work, you reajusted the backpack and Flowey rested his head on your shoulder again. You walked forward, filled with a strange sense of hope and determination.